pinnacle grill cocktail dress and suit ok?

beyoung

I just read a post that the PG is tuxes and gowns- can we get away with a nice cocktail dress for me and a suit for the guys (with tie) or do we have to drag the tuxes along?

A nice cocktail dress and a suit will be just fine for the Pinnacle Grill. Have a wonderful dinner:)

I just read a post that the PG is tuxes and gowns- can we get away with a nice cocktail dress for me and a suit for the guys (with tie) or do we have to drag the tuxes along?

We went twice on Smart Casual nights. The men in our group wore sport coats, some with ties.

Woody

The PG is most definitely NOT "tuxes and gowns" - You'll be fine in what you're suggesting! Have a great cruise!

Having just returned from the Zaandam where DH and I ate dinner twice in the PG - the first night he was the only man with a shirt, tie and jacket and on the last night (the night we docked in Victoria) there were a few men in jeans, shorts and just a couple of women had on "casual" dresses. DH and I like to dress up but it is not required. Men and women in jeans were admitted but seated near the back of the restaurant.

Pinnacle Grill manager should never have seated anyone who came for dinner wearing shorts.

I have never seen that and hope I never do.

To OP.... your cocktail dress and the gentlemen in jackets and ties are perfect even for formal night.

Enjoy Pinnacle. We always do.

Having just returned from the Zaandam where DH and I ate dinner twice in the PG - the first night he was the only man with a shirt, tie and jacket and on the last night (the night we docked in Victoria) there were a few men in jeans, shorts and just a couple of women had on "casual" dresses. DH and I like to dress up but it is not required. Men and women in jeans were admitted but seated near the back of the restaurant.

I've never seen men or women in jeans or shorts in The Pinnacle Grill.

DH and I have always had at least one or two dinners in the PG on each HAL cruise. Never before had we seen jeans or shorts but this time we did - jeans on both nights we ate there and shorts on Thursday night when the ship docked in Victoria. I was surprised but perhaps having the extra business mattered more than the dress code.

On our Alaska cruise, I had a tie but the tie had gotten very wrinkled in my luggage. I had made a prior reservation to PG, the manager very quickly said that a tie or coat was required prior to dining. I explained my dilema but to no avail. The manager was adamant. So I went an got my wrinkled up tie and put it on.

I 2nd what you have written here. I did not see anyone really dressed up for the PG. My husband wore dark black jeans and we were seated right in front by the hall window.

We were on the Westerdan sailing for 16 days, spent 6 nights in the PG and my husband in suits,tux, and myself in evening gowns and coctail dress, about the 3rd eve, the group next to us, of 12, some were men were in shorts!, We were stranded due to the swine flu, we did not want to be in the dining room, after 16 days, I can tell you I'm glad we spent the money in the PG, as the Dining Room food was less than desirable.

Archived