any experience with Princess with an under 1 year old?

ucsbgirl

Just curious, does any one have personal experience cruising with a child under one on princess? I know all the stuff that the brochure and offical princess stuff says ( no diapers in pools, etc) But what I want to know is what were your personal experiences? Please share!

Not sure what you're looking for, but we took our 6 month old grand daughter on an Austrailian cruise. No problems at all. The crew was perfect and since 6 MO olds kind of go with the flow and where ever you take them, she was fine. Maybe if you could state what your concerns are we could answer better.

I cruised on Princess just me and my twin 13 month old twins (picture below) and it was a dream. They were just over the year old mark, but I can probably answer any questions you have. Before that first cruise, my friends and family thought I was nuts to a) take babies on a cruise by myself and b) to take them on Princess, but it turns out Princess is fantastic with little ones, as long as you don't expect any babysitting. We've done a Princess cruise every year ever since.

Princess allows you to take your baby to the play area anytime it's open where there is usually some padded floor area and toys. Princess also lets you order baby food ahead of time. Besides that, I can't think of anything offhand that Princess does special for babies, but they're overall amazing service extends to all passengers, including infants.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Mia

So far we've always driven to the port, so I just always stick a baggage tag onto a box of diapers and check it with my luggage at the port.

When we flew to London for a week though, I didn't want to buy them there because of the horrible exchange rate, and it turned out I was able to stuff an entire box worth of diapers in the outer pockets of our luggage - so the diapers took up no room in the luggage and they're the perfect item to have in the outer pockets since they can't get hurt when the suitcase is banged around.

Good point though - be sure to bring everything you need on board, including over the counter meds and thermometer, etc., but especially diapers and wipes because there are very few, if any, on board. I've seen desperate mothers on board during the last day or two of a cruise who have run out - and it happens that the ship will miss the last port, etc., so you can't count on picking them up during the cruise.

I saved a chunck of money on one of our cruises because one night when my daughter had a fever, I had a thermometer with me. I called the doctor and they told me as long as it didn't go over a certain point, I should just bring her in in the morning during office hours. If I hadn't had the thermometer, I would have had to paid for a "house call" (cabin-call I guess) because I wouldn't have known if she was in trouble or not. On that note, the medical centers on board Princess (and probably all) ships are wonderful.

Best,

Mia

Just curious, does any one have personal experience cruising with a child under one on princess? I know all the stuff that the brochure and offical princess stuff says ( no diapers in pools, etc) But what I want to know is what were your personal experiences? Please share!

We were on the Princess Ruby this past April with our then 11 month old. I think they did a great job and we had no issues. The play area was good for a couple hours one day. The room Mini suite was perfect for her to walk around in. Dining they did a great job of providing food and quick service. My only issue is the fact there is no babysitting. Without this service you are not on a vacation. We had several family members with us but the fact is they wanted to be on vacation as well. For the next year (until she turns 2) I will only cruise RCCL or Disney because of this need.

I cruised on Princess just me and my twin 13 month old twins (picture below) and it was a dream. They were just over the year old mark' date=' but I can probably answer any questions you have. Before that first cruise, my friends and family thought I was nuts to a) take babies on a cruise by myself and b) to take them on Princess, but it turns out Princess is fantastic with little ones, as long as you don't expect any babysitting. We've done a Princess cruise every year ever since.

Princess allows you to take your baby to the play area anytime it's open where there is usually some padded floor area and toys. Princess also lets you order baby food ahead of time. Besides that, I can't think of anything offhand that Princess does special for babies, but they're overall amazing service extends to all passengers, including infants.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Thanks for the info-

what kind of beds does princess provide-pack and play or a portable crib? Did you bring your own sheets or use the ones they provided?

Thanks for the info-

what kind of beds does princess provide-pack and play or a portable crib? Did you bring your own sheets or use the ones they provided?

pack n play, brought my own sheets.

Archived