Last Cruise Before Refurbishment - Reduced Standards??

ABoatNerd

I am booked on Connie's last cruise (Panama) before her April 2010 refurbishment.

Will Celebrity maintain normal excellent standards - OR will they reduce the food offerings, staff levels - to ensure Connie is "cleaned out" before dry docking?

I am somewhat concerned of the possibility that this cruise would not be to the normal standards. Since the cruise is 14 days, this could be a big issue.

Your assessment would be appreciated

ABoatNerd

We were on the Century 1 week before it went into extensive dry dock. There were some unsightly issues with ceiling wiring in the halls and other minor items but the service and food was impeccable. Connie is such a great ship I wouldn't worry about it.

We were on the Millennium a few years ago the week before "refurbishment" and maintenance standards were non existent. The ship was dirty and falling apart. No one cared. Service was below par for even the cheapest cruiseline.

I'm sorry, but I can't keep quiet here. If you have a bone to pick with Celebrity, please be specific in a separate post or review. I am cruising for the first time on Millie soon, and fortunately have found a much larger population with positive and relevant information to impart. Your gross generalities here are not helpful.

To the OP, see this thread about a cruise on Millie immediately prior to dry dock.

Archived