Carnival Spirit, which balcony room do you prefer

patattack

I am planing to sail on the Carnival Spirit on June 29, 2010 to Alaska. I called tonight to price an 8G balcony and the TA stated I would be more satisfied with an 8I on the back of the ship since I would be able to view both sides. Please tell me your thoughts.

Thanks, Pat

Ever since we stayed in an aft wrap around cabin on a Spitit class ship, we try to only cruise on the Spirit class ships! The view from the balcony can't be beat. You do feel more vibrations in the back of the ship, but we found it soothing and it doesn't bother us. You also get a little soot, but again, we didn't find it a to be a problem.

Our favorite corner cabins are on the 4th deck - 4237or 4228. These are the only cabins on the ship that have a separate sitting room, dressing room, and bed room. We prefer the separate rooms to one large one. All of the aft wrap around cabins have large bathrooms with a tub/shower combo, two sinks, walk in closet, two TVs, refrigerator, and many amenities. It costs more, but we feel it's worth it.

I switched from an aft balcony to a starboard balcony on the upper deck for my Spirit cruise last month. I was concerned about the vibration and also wanted a covered balcony. I think only the afts on the Main Deck (4) are covered. I'm glad I made the change because I was extremely sensitive to the vibration even in the middle of the ship, and a covered balcony definitely came in handy the few times we had showers.

We had 4228, aft wrap around, last summer on our northbound Alaska sailing on the Spirit from Vancouver. It was AWESOME!! If either 4228 or 4237 is available, they are well worth the price. Deck 4 is our favorite because those aft wrap arounds have the largest overhang, thus giving you more protection from wind & rain. Also, it's great being down close to the water. Our son & granddaughter had the regular aft cabin next to ours, so we had them remove the balcony divider and had an even larger balcony. :D The 2 cabins had a connecting door inside also, which was great!

I beleive all of the Spirit aft cabins balconies have at least part of it covered by the deck above.

Another thing I forgot to mention before - the 4th deck cabins are a bit larger and the balcony is definitely deeper. Take a look at the ship diagram, and you can see how each deck is slightly shorter as you go up the levels, with the 4th deck being the longest.

Archived