Radiance Deck 7 Balconies - Need Clarification

Hi! My husband and I are really considering upgrading ourselves from an interior stateroom to a balcony room on our December Radiance cruise. I have read that the deck seven balcony cabins have extra large balconies - somewhere from 1.5-2x the typical size we are used to. Is this typical of ALL deck seven balcony cabins? I just did a mock booking and room 7078 popped up as available. Is is slightly in front of the hump, so I don't believe that we should have that obstructive overhang jutting out from our balcony.

Can anyone confirm if the information that I have gathered is correct? It would be much appreciated!!

Yes some on deck 7 in the E1 E2 cat have enough room on the balcony for a lounge chair 2 reg chairs and a table, but if you get too close to the front the view is obstructed.....

To answer your question, to get the super-sized Radiance-class balconies, you need to book on Deck 7 Cat E1. Basically these super-sized balconies are forward or aft but not midship, except for a few around the hump. Unfortunately, Stateroom 7078 is a Cat D1 midship and has a regular-sized balcony.

The reason all the midship, non-hump balconies are regular-sized is because there needs to be room for the covered lifeboats that are right next to them. In these cabins, you could step right off your balcony onto a lifeboat cover, and you would not be able to look straight down into the ocean when standing or sitting out there. Also keep in mind that most of these super-sized balconies are NOT particularly private because passengers on the balconies above and around you can see right down on you!

Call RCI direct and see if any cabins 7152 through 7170 or 7652 through 7670 are available for booking. Those are the aft cabins with the larger balconies.

The forward balcony cabins are 7014 through 7046 or 7514 through 7546.

I don't know which cabins are better or worse, but these are the larger balconies on deck 7.

There are also large balconies in cabins 7092, 7094, 7108, 7592 through 7608 at the hump.

I got this information from www.cruisestateroom.com

Here's a picture of the side of the Radiance showing the lifeboat coverings. We've stayed on this deck several times and the covering didn't bother us. You can't look straight down but you can sure see lot's of water. :)

1574305498_Radiancesideviewshowinghumpdeck7.jpg.bf9a7b9716f3a7685ad08ab8a3ad59ed.jpg

Here's a picture of the E1 cabins on aft end of deck 7 with the larger balconies.

1302616823_RadE1Rear1.jpg.e57eb2f7bcf52c54302aca6c21175d4d.jpg

There are several E1 cabins available with the larger balcony by the hump. Check out cabins 8086, 8088, 8104 and 7594.

I'm not sure where you live but there are several states offering residency rates for cat E1.

If you want a really nice balcony cat D1 has some good residency rates and a center hump cabin 9586 is available.

Good Luck!!

Archived