Has anyone done a galley tour on a Carnival Ship?

rene194215

If you have, is this something that is anounced? Or is it something that you have to sign up for. I have read that some people have had tours, but I think that might be for other cruise lines. I cruised on the Valor in Sept and I do not remember seeing anything about a galley tour.

Thanks!

If you have, is this something that is anounced? Or is it something that you have to sign up for. I have read that some people have had tours, but I think that might be for other cruise lines. I cruised on the Valor in Sept and I do not remember seeing anything about a galley tour.

Thanks!

We did one on the imagination years ago. but now due to noro and other viruses it is not offered any more to big groups. Our maaitre d told us that if you are a platinum cruiser you can request one. hope that helps

We did one on the Spirit in March. It was announced in the Capers and was on the last sea day. We all showed up in the dining room where the Maitre'd talked for about 10 mins and then shuffled us off to wander thru the galley at our own pace. We were close to the dining room door so were probably 30th in line to go into the galley door, we walked slowly, looking at stuff and the cooks and when we came out the other end (actually very near the entry door), the line whole area was packed and the line way up the stairs farther than we could see so we had to go down another hall and up different stairs. There were probably 300+ people in the group.

We did one on the imagination years ago. but now due to noro and other viruses it is not offered any more to big groups. Our maaitre d told us that if you are a platinum cruiser you can request one. hope that helps

Not true, per my other post, we just did an open invitation tour on the Spirit in March.

We did it in the Pride in 08. I think it was the last sea day. Valor i dont remember seeing it but i wasnt looking for it as it is one of those things you do it once its not worth seeing again in my book.

We had a tour for 'platinum' cruisers on the Triumph I believe? Yes there is sometimes a 'general' tour announced in the Capers - but if there isn't hook up with a platinum cruiser and go ask at the purser's desk - they set one up - and there was a group of about 20-25 cruisers - very informative.....and the smell of the chocolate cake being prepared was divine!

We did it in the Pride in 08. I think it was the last sea day. Valor i dont remember seeing it but i wasnt looking for it as it is one of those things you do it once its not worth seeing again in my book.

I did one on the miracle in Feb....it was in the capers....lots and lots of people did the galley tour, it was fun though just had to wait in line for just a little bit

I toured the galley one afternoon a couple of years ago. I saw it in the caper on the last sea day. I had always wanted to do it, but now I did, it is something I wouldn't do again.

It was interesting to see how massive the operation of preparing the food is. It is such a vital part of the ship. But all you really see is a huge stainless steel kitchen. There were a lot of people and there was a wait longer than I expected. I would a rather been sitting in the sun on the Lido deck and listening to the band.

So once is enough.

It was on the last sea day on the Splendor for us. It was for platinum cruisers only, but a platinum guest can bring non-plats with them. There was no invitation for one on the Ecstasy - thinking they may only do it on longer cruises? :confused:

That being said, after the drama over the last one, it may be my first and last. :p

I did one on the Legend last year. It was pretty cool. There are pictures in my Legend review. The link's in my signature.

02daad8b.gif

Thanks!! I love the review. I was only able to see the last picture posted of the galley with the people waiting to go in. It might be my computer though!! I have to ask, the tour you did in Cozumel, who was that with? It looks like you did a lot there. Also, what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks!!

Thanks!! I love the review. I was only able to see the last picture posted of the galley with the people waiting to go in. It might be my computer though!! I have to ask, the tour you did in Cozumel, who was that with? It looks like you did a lot there. Also, what kind of camera do you have?

Thanks!!

Thanks! Hmmm, I wonder why the galley pictures aren't coming through. I thought it was just the pictures at the beginning of the review. We did the Twister/Passion Island excursion in Cozumel. It wasn't with the cruise ship. We booked it privately. But, I think they are doing it through the cruise ship now. The camera that took those pictures was a Sony, but I don't remember which one. It wasn't my camera.

The reason why my friend and I want to do the tour is because we both are food service people. She works at a hotel in the kitchen and I used to work at a restaurant as a assistant sous chef. It was a busy place and I really would love to see how they do it!!!

We did one on the Spirit in March. It was announced in the Capers and was on the last sea day. We all showed up in the dining room where the Maitre'd talked for about 10 mins and then shuffled us off to wander thru the galley at our own pace.

Exactly same procedure on the Victory in 2007.

Most ships today will only invite VIP Platinum guest, but if you know one then you can just tag along.

Freedom Galley Tour: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=762154&highlight=

Pride Galley Tour: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=415717&highlight=

Fred

Where's your Splendor highlights? ;):p

Had fun on the Glory Galley tour last summer. It was in the Capers, started with a talk in the main show lounge, then proceeded to the dining room/galley area. It was kind of neat to hear some of the facts and figures about the amounts of food (like how many pounds of steaks, hamburger, etc.) they order for the week, and we got to see a bunch of the stuff being prepared for the gala midnight buffet. It was informative and interesting, but once you've done it once, you won't need to do it again. We did not have long lines - apparently not that many people were interested on our sailing. They must have all been in the towel animal class!

We did one on the Inpiration in May. It was in the Capers for the Last Sea day. Our "SUPERCHARGE" Maitre'D also announced it at Dinner the night before.

It was a quick tour, Joseph gave a talk in the MDR about HOW things were set up and how the process works, then there was a walk through the galley to see prep going on for that nights dinner. Was really interesting!

Archived