Main-Danube Canal lock closures and AMA cruises

sands28

We are booked on AMA Danube cruise in September 2010. The issue of canal closures peaked my interest and I called AMA to see how they handle it. They told me they are well aware of the closures well in advanc. They claim that they can make minor changes in their plans and do NOT take people on 4 or 6 hour bus rides.

I am aware that the closing is in April. I forgot to mention it in the above posting. I was just curious about how AMA handled this. It seems that they do not pull any surprises by making a "last minute" change when they know about it months, years, in advance.

We are booked on AMA Danube cruise in September 2010. The issue of canal closures peaked my interest and I called AMA to see how they handle it. They told me they are well aware of the closures well in advanc. They claim that they can make minor changes in their plans and do NOT take people on 4 or 6 hour bus rides.

I think their changes would be more than "minor" - I don't think they actually schedule 14 night cruises from Amsterdam to Budapest (and the other way) during this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived