What happens at Canada Place

This is my first time in Vancouver. We will be getting off our cruise ship at Canada Place. Can someone tell me what happens once we get off the ship? Do we go through customs after we leave the ship? Thanks!

Yes, you go through Canadian customs and immigration when you get off the ship. There are programs that allow you to "transit" through if you are going directly to the US and not spending any time in Canada but you will still need to clear customs first. These programs can be arranged through the cruise line and may be different for each line. I know that Princess has easycheck (US direct for flights directly to the US) and also the Seattle bus transfer that will take passengers directly down to Seatac for their flights. If you are taking the regular route off the ship, you will either take all the bags off with you (express walk off) or collect your luggage after you disembark

This is my first time in Vancouver. We will be getting off our cruise ship at Canada Place. Can someone tell me what happens once we get off the ship? Do we go through customs after we leave the ship? Thanks!

There is a great thread for this on the West Coast board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1000975

Viv

^ Viv, the above thread for which you gave the link is not what the OP is asking about. They asked about disembarking in Vancouver.

But I did find that info in the link helpful. :)

LOL! Yes, I suppose getting off and gettin on would be a lot different.

Viv

Archived