All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Our first time at HMC will be August of next year. We've been on 4 cruises so far (1 with Disney, 1 with Royal Caribbean and 2 with Norwegian) We'll be sailing on the Carnival Miracle next year.

Does HMC have a water park or water slide? If so, is there a charge? How much?

Yes there is a waterslide on the beach. Not as large as the one on the ship, but lots of fun -- for the kids as well as my DH & myself. Also, there are some structures floating in the water that the kids can climb on. No charge for any of these. We will be there again in 2 weeks -- really looking forward to it!!

Looking forward to going to HMC in Nov. I chose this cruise so I could spend a great day at the beach. I do Have a question though. My mom will be traveling in a wheelchair. She is able to walk but not for any long distance. Does anyone have suggestion for me.

Since this is Carnival's island and we will be on a Carnival ship stopping there, do we have to pay for food and drinks while on the island? OK, people humor me, I have just started looking into this stop and don't really know anything about it.

You do not need to pay for food. They have a great bbq and the same free drinks as on the lido deck. We will be there in less than 2 weeks -- am very excited!!

Looking forward to going to HMC in Nov. I chose this cruise so I could spend a great day at the beach. I do Have a question though. My mom will be traveling in a wheelchair. She is able to walk but not for any long distance. Does anyone have suggestion for me.

My son will be as well. I've been trying to find out where you rent the "sand chairs". I'm assuming it's once you get on the island.

the cabana seems small for 4. my wife and I will be traveling alone and would like to get one. The price is the same for 2 or 4?

Yes, the price is the same for 2 or 4 people, you play extra for each additional person (for extra drinks, mats, snacks, snorkling gear, etc).

the cabana seems small for 4. my wife and I will be traveling alone and would like to get one. The price is the same for 2 or 4?

$45.00 per person for each additional person over four.

I don't think you'll find the cabana crowded with four, of course, you will find it roomier with two. I am of the opinion that the cabana is too crowded with more than four.

Looking to book the Carnival Glory next April which stops in HMC. Spent a couple hours yesterday reading this entire thread and it really made me excited for this port stop. I did visit HMC about 5 years ago and really loved it. But now that I have read more about this port, I think I am definitely interested in possible renting a cabana for the day. I am platinum, so hopefully I can get to the Excursions desk early enough to get one.

I am assuming that the cost of the cabana can only be charged to one person's Sign & Sail card, correct? There will be probably 4 people sharing the cabana and the cost. They won't split the price and charge it to different accounts, will they? Has anyone tried this? If not, I'll just collect money in advance and pay it on my card.

Thanks,

Misty

I am assuming that the cost of the cabana can only be charged to one person's Sign & Sail card, correct? There will be probably 4 people sharing the cabana and the cost. They won't split the price and charge it to different accounts, will they? Has anyone tried this? If not, I'll just collect money in advance and pay it on my card.

Misty

Cabana cost will be charged to your S & S card. Collecting the monies from the rest of your guests will be your responsibility

There seems to be so many questions and suggestions regarding HMC.. I figure we can centralize it like the All Things Miracle.. etc. .et al

My suggestion is RENT the CABANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

6 through 12 are on the quieter end of the beach and centrally located to restrooms and the luncheon area.

Currently the cost is $215 for 4 people.. If you want more than 4 people do not tell the excusion desk.. No you are not stealing anything.. there were be a certain amount of drinks water and chips.. more than enough for 5 or 6.. or 7

We were having 6 at our Cabanna.. the additional cost is $45-50 pp.. The Shore Excursion person TOLD US not to add the additional people.. as it was not worth the $45-50 pp for a couple drinks and chips..

Nothing else is brought to the cabanna.. and the Luncheon area is near by and food and drink is easily picked up and brought over.. and there is always bar service!

The beach is like baby powder~!

Enjoy!!

How do you rent the cabana? Is the snorkeling good?:o

The snorkelling at the far end of Half Moon Cay was really good. It's a long, hot 20 min walk, but worth it.

I went on my own, as my vacation partner does not snorkel. I didn't have fins on, and although I'm a strong swimmer there are some currents around by the rocks.

Also, I saw a large barracuda which sightly scared me when he turned towards me!

Best to go down there with someone else if you can. It's a long way from help just in case of something unexpected happening.

The snorkelling at the far end of Half Moon Cay was really good. It's a long, hot 20 min walk, but worth it.

I went on my own, as my vacation partner does not snorkel. I didn't have fins on, and although I'm a strong swimmer there are some currents around by the rocks.

Also, I saw a large barracuda which sightly scared me when he turned towards me!

Best to go down there with someone else if you can. It's a long way from help just in case of something unexpected happening.

This will be my first trip to HMC. Cah you give a bit more details on the location, and maybe directions to, where you were snorkelling? THANKS!!

This will be my first trip to HMC. Cah you give a bit more details on the location, and maybe directions to, where you were snorkelling? THANKS!!

If you are facing the sea you walk as far to your right as you can. Go past all the cabanas and beach chairs, past the horse stables. You will come to a sign on the beach that says you can't go any further and the beach ends - that's where you want to be.

From the beach you can see darker areas in the water which are rocks/coral on the bottom just head for those. There is one area quite close in which is easy to get to, then more further out.

Just check the currents as it might be different each day. When I was there it was ok, but it was harder to swim in than out. Maybe go out a little way then swim in just to check how it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in a Clamshell (I'm cheap) and without friends..

but on HAL's website it reads $14.- per person..is it $14 or $28 for 2

I thought they came with 2 lounges per Clamshell.

Past Cruises:

MS. Atlas 1983 - 7 days - Med. east

Carousel 1998 - 7 days - Carib. south

Carousel 2001 - 14 days - Med. west

Sundream 2004 - 7 days - Carib. west

Rotterdam 2007 - 27 days - Baltic-Med.

Rotterdam 2008 - 17 days - Panama canal

Maasdam 2011 - 25 days - Carib. south

Planning our 50th 2012:

"Amsterdam" Grand Pacific 75 days

*If one gets better with age.. I'm aproaching MAGNIFICIENT !

I am stressing out already about getting to the excursion desk fast! lol

The only 2 things going for me is that I live in NY and that is where we are cruising from and we are VIP:)

I have a cabana number I would like but will take anything I can get if that is not available!

Less then 6 months to go:D

I am stressing out already about getting to the excursion desk fast! lol

The only 2 things going for me is that I live in NY and that is where we are cruising from and we are VIP:)

I have a cabana number I would like but will take anything I can get if that is not available!

Less then 6 months to go:D

I went out of NY in October and got to the port at 11:30 but didn't get on ship til after 2 because they were having gangplank problems. As soon as I got on I went to excursion desk, not one person in line and 10 cabanas were left. I pretty much had my pick.

I was also stressing but it worked out great.