All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

T

Our hijacked hammock..I didn't get a photo of that, except when we were leaving:(, I think 1/2 of it in a shot.

As helpful as it may be to some this is NOT an uplifting thread to read once you have returned. Soooo looking forward to going back next year.

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent float mats? I know they're included with a cabana rental (assuming you'd get 4?) but what do they cost if you don't do the cabana?

Beach/Water float $9.00 Full day.

I have the excursion thing, but cant figure how to get the pic on the board AND readable :)

Prices from Fascination on June 1, 2009

Can you snorkel off the beach at HMC?

Not sure if anyone addressed this yet as I haven't read the whole thread.

The snorkeling is better as you get nearer to the water park area. There are some artificial reef balls that attract some fish. It's not great snorkeling, but if you want a place that is easily accessible it's not horrible. Great for smaller kids as well to get their feet wet with snorkeling. Our crew of 13, 11, and 10 had a blast. This 42 yr old was entertained as well.

If you want more than 4 people do not tell the excusion desk.. No you are not stealing anything.. there were be a certain amount of drinks water and chips.. more than enough for 5 or 6.. or 7

Not sure why this is not stealing, it sure fits my definition. "Taking something that does not belong to you" If you can not afford to pay the cost, then use the cabana. You are stealing from the company"s stock holders.

we were actually going to do the bike tour but I guess we will rethink that one. did anyone do the walk? is that better?

We did the nature walk and the eco lagoon trip.

Neither one was worth it...unless you've lived in a cave your whole life.

Nature walk...we saw a lizard and a snail

Lagoon tour....we saw a starfish

There aren't any naturally grown flowers (just a few transplants from the other islands) or colorful land/water wildlife.

You can do the walk yourself...just walk down the paths that follow the shoreline.

My friend just returned from her cruise and was at HMC. She complained that she got alot of mosquitoe bites while at the bar b Q. Has anyone else had this problem.

Ill just bring along some Off when Im there.

Is the snorkeling any better on the excursion? Do they actually take you to a reef? Anyone know?

Is it hard to find shade other than with that clamshell? I need shade.

Thanks..

I cant wait to go there.. I hear nothing but raves.

I am stopping at HMC next month with my DD :D

We want to do the horseback riding. Does anyone have any feed back on this? Also, I have never been on a horse, do they go fast or will I be alright? lol

If you want more than 4 people do not tell the excusion desk.. No you are not stealing anything.. there were be a certain amount of drinks water and chips.. more than enough for 5 or 6.. or 7

Not sure why this is not stealing, it sure fits my definition. "Taking something that does not belong to you" If you can not afford to pay the cost, then use the cabana. You are stealing from the company"s stock holders.

Let me explain it to you slowly... CARNIVAL SAID TO DO THIS not me.. It was not a question of affordability.. ;)

The other two guests brought their own drinks.. All they did was sit at a table..

Tell me something.. if you rent a beach house Can you not invite others for a drink? You paid the rental, you paid for the drinks, the drinks are yours to do what you want with if you so chose..

It's not like they slept over

Its not like they 'took' anything away

I went to the excusion desk with 'money' in hand to pay.. THEY Told me no

Get a grip:rolleyes:

My friend just returned from her cruise and was at HMC. She complained that she got alot of mosquitoe bites while at the bar b Q. Has anyone else had this problem.

Is the snorkeling any better on the excursion? Do they actually take you to a reef? Anyone know?

Is it hard to find shade other than with that clamshell? I need shade.

Thanks..

I cant wait to go there.. I hear nothing but raves.

I am a magnet for mosquitos.. I never felt one!

You can move the lounge chairs anywhere you want on the beach and there are trees

I hear snorkling is not so good.. not much to see

:)

There was actually a warning in the Capers about the skeeters. They directed people who were concerned to buy Off from the front desk. It was $10 a can. If you're concerned, bring your own.

There was actually a warning in the Capers about the skeeters. They directed people who were concerned to buy Off from the front desk. It was $10 a can. If you're concerned, bring your own.

Really? I never saw it in ours.. will look again.. Never felt one either!!

OHHH WAIT>> they did have those electric mosquito killing machines along the paths... The ones that kill 'em for 1000's of feet/yards around.. and cost like $2000g

Maybe thats why ...

!!!:D

Really? I never saw it in ours.. will look again.. Never felt one either!!

OHHH WAIT>> they did have those electric mosquito killing machines along the paths... The ones that kill 'em for 1000's of feet/yards around.. and cost like $2000g

Maybe thats why ...

!!!:D

You know what, I just realized it was actually NCL that posted that in their daily about Great Stirrup Cay. And yeah, I still have my can of bug spray.

I've got a great product from Avon that has both insect repellant and SPF 30. And it's waterproof too. Got it for our last cruise that went to Dominican Republic since that's a country with Malaria risk. Wanted to make sure the skeeters stayed away that trip!