I did it yipppeee booked my first Grand suite

I really love my boys, but I really don't want to be tripping over them! DH thought I was crazy to book such an expensive cabin, but I told him it was that or 2 adjoining and when I priced them out, the 2 adjoining were as expensive as the OS! (had to be a balcony cabin or better because I'm a balcony snob!!!)

I'm soooooo looking forward to April. It will be the kids first time on a cruise. I just know they will love it and want to do it every year! :eek::D

OMG-my husband said the same thing but one day in the GS and he could care less how much I spent. He loved it. I don't care to do the adjoining room either and you are so right-if you want a balcony-it's cheaper to do a suite!!

Yup-I'm sure they will love it. Most people cann't belive our boys still want to go on vacation with us. Who wouldn't if someone else is paying!!! LOL

Shelly:

They even have room to bring in a rollaway bed if you need one and you would still have plenty of room to walk around! Heck, the bathroom in the OS is so big you could have 8 people in it at the same time! One in the Jacuzzi tub, 1 in the shower, 2 at the sink, 1 at the toilet, 1 at the Bidet and 2 in the center dancing!

They are great cabins. Had one on my second cruise. We had withdrawals after that for two cruises:( until we got another GS:p. It has been several cruises now without one, but we booked one on the Radiance of the Seas in Oct. 2010.:)

Enjoy it, and take plenty of pictures.

Which one did you book? If it's #1556, take good care of it because I will be in it when you get back... just as excited as OP. First real suite for me!

Happy Birthday Liz! Good for you! 50 Only comes once. ;-)

The Grand Suite has enough room for you to a have a cocktail party of lets say.. 12 - 14 people comfortably. You could hire a bartender and have appetizers. $$$ OR you could tell everyone to bring the bottle of bubbly that they may still have in their stateroom, to YOUR suite and party. We did that during a group cruise. Most had not opened the bubbly they had, so some people got OJ, some got Cranberry juice and we had Mimosaa and Pointsettas!

SOMEONE had to drink 'em!!! :-)

The Grand Suite has enough room for you to a have a cocktail party of lets say.. 12 - 14 people comfortably. You could hire a bartender and have appetizers. $$$ OR you could tell everyone to bring the bottle of bubbly that they may still have in their stateroom, to YOUR suite and party. We did that during a group cruise. Most had not opened the bubbly they had, so some people got OJ, some got Cranberry juice and we had Mimosaa and Pointsettas!

Thank you :D wow 12-14 people oooh like the sound of that :D

It is lovely to read so many happy posts :D

I had an email from some dear friends who we met on the Mariner a few years back and I am hoping they will be joining us on this cruise. What more could I ask for ..great cabin and wonderful friends to party with :D

Heck I cant even remember the ports :o oh well plenty time to find out.

To those who have sailed in a GS..is there a curtain that can be pulled across at the bottom of the bed/beds to seperate it from the living room area?

Hi Liz,

50 Eh, and here I thought you weren't a day over 39. You still have 3 cruises to look forward to first.

Gee I should move back to Inverness it looks like that is where all the money is!!!

All the best,

Cheers,

To those who have sailed in a GS..is there a curtain that can be pulled across at the bottom of the bed/beds to seperate it from the living room area?

Yes. You will love the GS.

Hey... what do ya know? This is my 1,000th post.

Yeah we ordered nibbles and drinks - great fun lol

jj....

Congratulations Liz!! You will enjoy every minute of the wonderful cabin space, use of the concierge, a possible "suite only" party with senior officers, possible gifts from the gift shops for suites only, suite only dinner menu for in cabin dining, and more.:)

For the gentleman that said he preferes a GS over an OS.........I,too have to ask why??? We love the dining table, seperate shower, being able to have 12 to 15 guests in and have them seated, or a stand up party for as many as 40.

Rick

Can someone tell me if you are able to comfortably watch TV in bed in the GS? It looks as though it is way across the room and a tad small for that. I did read somewhere that by 2010 the televisions will be upgraded in the suites.

LOL its a BIG tv you'll have no probs watching it !!

jj.......

Congratulations Liz!! You will enjoy every minute of the wonderful cabin space, use of the concierge, a possible "suite only" party with senior officers, possible gifts from the gift shops for suites only, suite only dinner menu for in cabin dining, and more.:)

For the gentleman that said he preferes a GS over an OS.........I,too have to ask why??? We love the dining table, seperate shower, being able to have 12 to 15 guests in and have them seated, or a stand up party for as many as 40.

Rick

Thanks Rick :D

Whoa wait a mo...what is this bittie "possible gifts from the gift shops for suites only" :confused: ok spill the beans...what you talking about Rick?:D

Thanks Rick :D

Whoa wait a mo...what is this bittie "possible gifts from the gift shops for suites only" :confused: ok spill the beans...what you talking about Rick?:D

Yeah... what's that?

We had a Grand Suite on a 15 night Hawaii sailing and didn't receive any special gifts or anything more than a plate of soggy strawberries.

No suite only party, no officers seemed interested in meeting us. We couldn't even get into the Concierge Lounge in the evening for all the campers.

All we got for that huge check we spent was a bigger cabin and an extra "cruise-credit". :)

Archived