I did it yipppeee booked my first Grand suite

Just booked my first grand suite and my 50th birthday cruise..on the Freedom of the Seas Feb 13th 2011 and I am so excited I will never sleep tonight.:D

Thank you everyone for all your help with choosing cabin...I booked 1586 :D

yipppeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D

What a day/night :D

Just booked my first grand suite and my 50th birthday cruise..on the Freedom of the Seas Feb 13th 2011 and I am so excited I will never sleep tonight.:D

Congratulations Liz and what a nice way to treat yourself especially for your birthday.

Be forewarned, though...........once you've had a GS..........nothing will be good enough.

Off Topic..........but could you please go to this thread. Somebody is asking a question that I just know you will have the answer to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1001841

Congratulations Liz and what a nice way to treat yourself especially for your birthday.

Be forewarned, though...........once you've had a GS..........nothing will be good enough.

Very, very true.

Congrats on the GS.. if I had it my way (and the wallet cooperated) I would have a grand suite every time I cruised. They are my favorite, even better than the Owner's suite, been there twice.

Have a wonderful time,

:) I share your excitement. We recently booked GS 1060 ( the one with the huge balcony ! ) on Brilliance for a Med cruise next year.......30th anniv. treat.

Eagerly devouring any and all posts relating to Radiance Class ships and/or Grand Suites.

Ken

They are great cabins. Had one on my second cruise. We had withdrawals after that for two cruises:( until we got another GS:p. It has been several cruises now without one, but we booked one on the Radiance of the Seas in Oct. 2010.:)

Enjoy it, and take plenty of pictures.

Thanks everyone for sharing in my excitement :D

I have 3 great cruises to look forward to before this one...with our first balcony in Nov:D Usually we stay in Inside or PRs but hey you are only 50 once eh..heck if I dont spoil myself, no one else will :D

Hopefully some family and friends will be able to come along with us on this cruise and we can partyyyyyyy :D How many people can you get on the balcony I wonder?

Congrats on the GS.. if I had it my way (and the wallet cooperated) I would have a grand suite every time I cruised. They are my favorite, even better than the Owner's suite, been there twice.

Have a wonderful time,

Congrats Liz! Booked one last cruise-saved all year for it and Patti is right! You'll want one next cruise so here I am again-saving for another one!

Robb-I have to ask. Why prefer the GS over OS? It ws a thought to upgrade myself if business is good this year. We travel with my two teen sons so I thought even extra room would be great.

Robb-I have to ask. Why prefer the GS over OS? It ws a thought to upgrade myself if business is good this year. We travel with my two teen sons so I thought even extra room would be great.

Inquiring minds want to know? I booked an OS for my DH and I and our 2 boys. Thought there would be more room with 4 in there than a GS.

Congratulations on your first GS, Liz. We also booked a GS on Radiance in Oct, 2010. Our first ever in a suite. I had only hoped for a JS, but the prices on the GS were too good to pass up.

Patti has a great thread on the Radiance. Thanks, Patti! I think I'm going to be really spoiled now.

Congrats Liz! What a wonderful way to celebrate your special birthday!

That is wonderful, in a few years our family is going to Hawaii and I am going to book a suite. Heck you only live once, so enjoy!!!

Thats great news Liz!

Enjoy your fab cabin :)

In response to the OS versus the GS, in the GS the balcony is LARGER, no Dining Table in the GS but you do have a long Bar with stools. OS has a jacuzzi tub and Bidet, GS does not. We had the OS for the South America Cruise and loved it, but have the GS booked for the Mexican Riviera 10 day. Both are spacious as far as the Living and Bedrooms are concerned. Oh, the TV is regular size in the GS and HUGE in the OS.

In response to the OS versus the GS, in the GS the balcony is LARGER, no Dining Table in the GS but you do have a long Bar with stools. OS has a jacuzzi tub and Bidet, GS does not. We had the OS for the South America Cruise and loved it, but have the GS booked for the Mexican Riviera 10 day. Both are spacious as far as the Living and Bedrooms are concerned. Oh, the TV is regular size in the GS and HUGE in the OS.

I was a tad worried that an OS might not be big enough for a family of 4 (one teenager and one pre-teen - both boys). Glad to hear that I chose the right one!

BTW - my name is Shelly too and I'm also addicted to cruising (just can't afford to do it as often as I would like!):D

I was a tad worried that an OS might not be big enough for a family of 4 (one teenager and one pre-teen - both boys). Glad to hear that I chose the right one!

Shelly

Have never done an OS but have done a GS with 2 older teen boys. We had plenty of room in the GS so the OS should be great!!! :)

Shelly

Have never done an OS but have done a GS with 2 older teen boys. We had plenty of room in the GS so the OS should be great!!! :)

I really love my boys, but I really don't want to be tripping over them! DH thought I was crazy to book such an expensive cabin, but I told him it was that or 2 adjoining and when I priced them out, the 2 adjoining were as expensive as the OS! (had to be a balcony cabin or better because I'm a balcony snob!!!)

I'm soooooo looking forward to April. It will be the kids first time on a cruise. I just know they will love it and want to do it every year! :eek::D

Archived