Quick question / LGA or EWR

billytom

Trying to figure out what airport to fly in for NCL cruise (Manhattan). Is Newark NJ or La Gaurdia NY better? On the NCL website is says that Newark is 15 miles and approximately 30 minutes and $25.00 - but the airport website is saying $75 to $100 for cab fare to Manhattan. On the other hand, NCL website is saying La Guardia is 30 miles and approximately one hour - $40.00. I just can't believe a one hour cab ride is only $40.00. I guess what I need to know so I can do our airfare is which is the best airport to fly into if we are leaving from Manhattan. Thanks for any help.

Trying to figure out what airport to fly in for NCL cruise (Manhattan). Is Newark NJ or La Gaurdia NY better? On the NCL website is says that Newark is 15 miles and approximately 30 minutes and $25.00 - but the airport website is saying $75 to $100 for cab fare to Manhattan. On the other hand, NCL website is saying La Guardia is 30 miles and approximately one hour - $40.00. I just can't believe a one hour cab ride is only $40.00. I guess what I need to know so I can do our airfare is which is the best airport to fly into if we are leaving from Manhattan. Thanks for any help.

LGA is much more convenient for Manhattan than Newark. LaGuardia isn't 30 miles it is around 10 miles. An hour? Never even in the worst of Midtown traffic.

I've made the cab ride in as little as 20 minutes.

A cab ride is the quickest and easiest way and it is usually around $30 and thirty minutes.

Because Newark is in New Jersey, a car service is the least painful. The airtrain is a nightmare with luggage and forget taking a cab. It is about an hour into the city.

Whatever you do, avoid Supershuttle.

The NCL website is dead wrong.

I have told NCL the website is wrong a couple of years ago. It is impossible for a cab from EWR to Manhattan costs $25.00 maybe in 1940.

as others have said LGA is the closest and will cost about $30-35 by cab. It will cost about $60-70 by cab or limo from EWR. A cab from JFK is about the same(fixed at $45.00 plus toll and tip). So the best choice is always the cheapest air flight.

JFK tends to be the one airport that has the fewest delays(although none of the NY airports are really great- the worst when the weather is bad is LGA)

for limo prices look at http://www.carmellimo.com

for cab fare prices from LGA and JFK look at http://www.nyc.gov/tlc

the ny port authority which runs the three airports used to list the price for a cab from EWR but I couldn't find that anymore

http://www.panynj.gov

Just an FYI, a car service is only a couple dollars move than a cab and a much more pleasant experience.

You call, make a reservation, and then call them when you've gathered your luggage and they pick you up.

I use Dial 7 (212-777-7777).

To offer a bit of a dissenting opinion LGA can be an absolute nightmare to get to depending on the time of day. If it's rush hour traffic give yourself a few hours or if they are doing any type of construction. One time I was stuck in 1 and half of traffic at 11 at night because some construction was being done around LGA.

There are trains from New York Pennslyvania Station that goes directly to Newark Airport. It's $4.75 for one adult tickets and the ride is around 25, 30 minutes long.

Just throwing that out there for another option.

To offer a bit of a dissenting opinion LGA can be an absolute nightmare to get to depending on the time of day. If it's rush hour traffic give yourself a few hours or if they are doing any type of construction. One time I was stuck in 1 and half of traffic at 11 at night because some construction was being done around LGA.

There are trains from New York Pennslyvania Station that goes directly to Newark Airport. It's $4.75 for one adult tickets and the ride is around 25, 30 minutes long.

Just throwing that out there for another option.

that is incorrect fare info on NJ Transit...the fare from NYP to EWR a/p rail station is 15.00....it is less to go to Newark Penn station.

the higher fare is the result of airport access fees to use the monorails and various other fees....it is about 20-30 minutes THEN you take the monorail to your terminal....and depending on the day of week you could be wating UP TO 10 minutes (they tend to service this sat PM into early sunday AM)

www.njtransit.com

Archived