Caribbean Princess- Cabin selection

tryptaker

I havent' booked yet but have the option of a double balcony stateroom on either Riviera , Aloha, Caribe or Lido.....also have the option of mini suite on Dolphin. We would like to be near an elevator as my elderly mother will be travelling with us. I've heard the higher the deck the better which would mean Riviera or Lido but am also finding that the highest priced double balcony rooms are located on Caribe....can anyone explain why this is and where we should look at booking. I want a smooth sail! As long as we are close to an elevator I am not that concerned with how far we are from pools, entertainment etc. Thanks!

I havent' booked yet but have the option of a double balcony stateroom on either Riviera , Aloha, Caribe or Lido.....also have the option of mini suite on Dolphin. We would like to be near an elevator as my elderly mother will be travelling with us. I've heard the higher the deck the better which would mean Riviera or Lido but am also finding that the highest priced double balcony rooms are located on Caribe....can anyone explain why this is and where we should look at booking. I want a smooth sail! As long as we are close to an elevator I am not that concerned with how far we are from pools, entertainment etc. Thanks!

Caribe balconies are larger than the others and are also half covered; half not. Dolphin minis have balconies that are totally uncovered. Look at the deck plans and then select the cabin closest to the elevator in the catagory you desire.

Caribbean Princess, Caribe C743 is one of the best hidden gems for a large balcony. It is not visible to the naked eye, but the balcony extends to the right as you look out (also the same on Port side location). You are only about 10 cabins or less from the elevator. You have only cabins above and below you thus avoiding "sounds" from deck chair, dining room chairs, lounge/theater music, etc.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

following refers to 'side' of ship balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any ‘Grand’ class ship (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald etc) and not any balconies that face directly aft....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera (found on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby only) decks have the same balconies. You can stand at the railing of these balconies and look down on to part of the Caribe deck balconies and all of the Dolphin deck balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. Standing at the railing, you will overlook Dolphin deck balconies below.

All of the cabin interiors/bathrooms of the balcony cabins are the same with respect to size (unless it is a handicapped cabin).

Dolphin deck balconies (all balcony cabins are actually mini-suites and thus bigger than regular balcony cabins on the interior with sitting area, 2nd TV and bathtub/shower combination instead of the small shower stall found in the regular balcony cabins). The balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and has no ceiling overhang as protection from sun or rain.

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony – approximately 7 ft. deep x 18 wide, according to someone who stayed in one of these. Emerald deck on some Grand Class ships also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Below is a link of photos which helps explain the tiered balcony design from StuartM:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563286324HHwMgb

Is it possible to get some tanning time on the balcony of the Caribe deck then? I like the sun but I also like a roof over my head if it's going to pour rain so if I can have the best of both worlds with a Caribe stateroom then that's the way I'll go!

Is it possible to get some tanning time on the balcony of the Caribe deck then? I like the sun but I also like a roof over my head if it's going to pour rain so if I can have the best of both worlds with a Caribe stateroom then that's the way I'll go!

You're exactly right. Best of both worlds.

What are your thoughts on the Lido deck? My fiancee and I booked our honeymoon cruise on the Emerald, sailing November 1st. We booked a guaranteed BG category (balcony) yesterday, and when I looked online this morning noticed that our assignment is category BA on Lido deck (L210). It seems this is the most expensive balcony category, but I'm a bit concerned because it's acroos from the Lotus Spa and on the same deck as bars, grills, pools, etc. Any info would be appreciated - I'm a total newbie, having never cruised before. I'm really excited, but I want it to be as great an experience as possible.

What are your thoughts on the Lido deck? My fiancee and I booked our honeymoon cruise on the Emerald, sailing November 1st. We booked a guaranteed BG category (balcony) yesterday, and when I looked online this morning noticed that our assignment is category BA on Lido deck (L210). It seems this is the most expensive balcony category, but I'm a bit concerned because it's acroos from the Lotus Spa and on the same deck as bars, grills, pools, etc. Any info would be appreciated - I'm a total newbie, having never cruised before. I'm really excited, but I want it to be as great an experience as possible.
You received a very nice upgrade. Most people enjoy the Lido deck because it is such a short distance to the pools and Horizon Court buffet. No need to be concerned about noise. Enjoy your cruise!

Can anyone tell me about cabins B748, B749, B750, B751, D734, D735, E734 and E735? It appears from the deck layout in the brochure that the balconies are much larger than average - I prefer a stern cabin. Also, the VS cabins on Dolphin and Emerald - are they worth the extra cost? The WS rate I got was about $1,000 more for a WS than an AC - somewhat surprising considering that the WS has no balcony!

Also, (while I'm here and picking the brains of all the wise Princess cruisers!) what about AE category cabins D732 and D733? These would appear to have about a 220 degree view from the aft corner on the balcony ...

Thanks if you can help me out! :D

Archived