Changes in Crow's Nest on HAL Vista Class ships

Waltzing Reg

About 1/3 of the Crow's Nest was taken for Explorations Cafe and Internet Center. The entire starboard side is gone.

But, there's very little (if any) dancing in the Crow's Nest. The last time I was in one it was just a piano player---and that was background music.

Unfortunately they have put the library up with the Crow's Nest, and it can get very loud, especially if there are trivia games or mixology classes going on.

I saw some people trying to read or do puzzles, and I felt sorry for them having to put up with the loud noise coming from the bar area in the Crow's Nest.

Some evenings on the Vista class ships we have had a piano player. Most recently on the Westerdam we had Ian Cooney playing his guitar.

Noordam is the only Vista class ship that does not have the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest.

where is it on the Noordam?

We were just on the Zuiderdam and I love where the Explorations Cafe is. At least for cruising Alaska. We spent a lot of time up there during the day - in the Crow's Nest - watching for wild life, viewing the scenery and enjoying our specialty coffee. I even managed a puzzle while up there. It felt, overall, like a real happening place.

I am like others here -- having been on the Noordam -- much prefer it on the Promenade Deck.

The library and Exploration's Cafe in the Crow's Nest -- don't like. There are times when they hold Trivia and other games in the Crow's Nest and it gets very LOUD -- can't sit and read quietly in the library.

The Noordam is such a special ship, I certainly home HAL doesn't decide to ruin both the Crows Nest and the Exploration Cafe by combining them. Each place is perfect the way it is.
My bet is that it's only a matter of time. :( With the other 3 Vistas and the 2 Signatures having it there, it's apparent that HAL thinks that's where the E.C. should be.

My wife and I enjoy dancing and have had fun dancing in the Crow's Nest on HAL ships. I hate to hear that they've taken away any part of the Crow's Nest since dancing was tight there anyway. As some have noted here, we also enjoy dancing in Ocean Lounge and hope HAL has not made changes there. . . . . .

I understand that HAL has taken part of the Crow's Nest and made it into a coffee shop. How much room is left in the Crow's Nest for dancing? Thanks.

The crow's nest has been destroyed, no more dancing, jut a clown playing poor piano in the middle of the 'awful' starbucks coffee smell!!:mad:

No more of the big lounge chairs! :(

The lounge chairs smack, dab in the middle, in front of the window, are still there. Don't worry.

The Explorations Cafe is on the starboard side of the Vista ships (except the Noordam) and the E-dam. The center and port sections of the Crow's Nest remain.

Some evenings on the Vista class ships we have had a piano player. Most recently on the Westerdam we had Ian Cooney playing his guitar.

Noordam is the only Vista class ship that does not have the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest.

I hope they don't change that around on the Noordam. I think the Noordam is perfect as it is.

I hope they don't change that around on the Noordam. I think the Noordam is perfect as it is.

I agree with you, Sheila. Although I still think the Vista ships are too big, I do like the Noordam. She's got a "restful" feel to her---a real quiet elegance. (and I still want those pearl & jewel-encrusted object d'art, too. ;))

I don't feel sorry for those in the library, coffee bar and internet stations being bothered by the activities in the Crow's Nest. Just the opposite.

We used to enjoy before dinner cocktails in the Crow's Nest every evening. When they had bands it was great for after dinner dancing. No more. The ambiance is gone. We will have to try the Noordam.

Unfortunately they have put the library up with the Crow's Nest, and it can get very loud, especially if there are trivia games or mixology classes going on.

I saw some people trying to read or do puzzles, and I felt sorry for them having to put up with the loud noise coming from the bar area in the Crow's Nest.

The problem with the library on the promenade deck on the Noordam is the same problem reported with the library next to the Crow's Nest. We found the Noordam's beautiful library very noisy because it was totally open to the public thoroughfare. Many people walking through this area tended to be oblivious to those in the library wanting to read.

We have been looking forward to having the library on the Eurodam next to the Crow's Nest for quiet reading on our upcoming cruise. I am disappointed to learn that the library is not closed off from the Crow's Nest. What were the designers thinking?

We have been looking forward to having the library on the Eurodam next to the Crow's Nest for some peace and quiet on our upcoming cruise. I am disappointed to learn that the library is not closed off from the Crow's Nest. What were the designers thinking?

What, indeed. The library not closed off from the Crow's Nest? It's worse than that. There is a sliding door to close the Explorations Cafe off, but one section of the library is in the Crow's Nest---not the Explorations Cafe---when that door is closed! :eek:

Archived