Shuttles provided by O? Sorrento?

jascarb

On the Insignia July 26th Venice to Barcelona and wondering if at certain ports if O provides any type of shuttle or transportation service from the pier/dock. Right now I am working on Sorrento and will probably going to take the train from Sorrento, which I read is a short walk from where some cruise lines shuttles take you. Can I count on any O shuttles?

Other ports I have't researched yet that this may or may not be an issue yet (not sure of distance from the pier to the "city") are:

Monte Carlo

Porvence (Marseille)

Palma De Mallorca

La Spezia (cinque terre)

We've sailed with Oceania three times, and we did not have shuttle service provided by the cruise line.

In one of the Baltic ports (Tallinn I think) there was a shuttle provided by local businesses.

We were in Sorrento last year, and O provided a shuttle from where the tender docked to the square at the top of the hill. The train station is only a few blocks away from the shuttle drop.

We were in Sorrento last year, and O provided a shuttle from where the tender docked to the square at the top of the hill. The train station is only a few blocks away from the shuttle drop.

I confirm this as well. It would be a very steep walk otherwise.

O provided a shuttle to a certain spot on top of the hill. We took it up the hill, but took a local bus back down to the pier, as we were in a different area when we wanted to return to the ship. If you wanted a ferry to Capri, it was right where the tender let you off in Sorrento - very convenient.

Actually, the shuttle up the hill was provided by the city of Sorrento or their tourist board. It ran only until around 4:30 or 5:00. Since we were returning to the city for dinner, we needed to take a taxi. Our friends walked both ways, but they are younger than we are.

I believe I read it in the Frommer's Amalfi Coast guide but am not sure and no longer have the book. If I read one more guidebook before this trip, my head is going to explode.

I believe I read it in the Frommer's Amalfi Coast guide but am not sure and no longer have the book. If I read one more guidebook before this trip, my head is going to explode.

I needed a good laugh! I feel the same way. I usually enjoy this type of thing but I feel like I am about to loose my mind. I've read and researched 5x as many hours I'm going to actually supposed to be enjoying this vacation. It's like my part time job...except feel like my second FULL time job.

We just returned from our Athens to Rome cruise and can confirm that on Friday, June 12, Oceania provided a shuttle bus from the dock in Sorrento to the main square, as well as a local expert there with maps and other information. The last shuttle from this area to the dock was at 4:30 PM.

It is only about a six-minute walk to the train station, but the shuttle only went to the main square, Piazza Tasso. The train to Pompeii runs every 30 minutes and cost 3.80 Euros or 3.20 Euros round-trip.

Archived