Caribbean Excursions w/ 7mo old

KGF

So, we're cruising for the 2nd time along with my parents and bro who are first time cruisers. DS will be 7 months when we go. I'm trying to find baby friendly excursions for the group of us to do at each of the ports. Here are my thoughts...

Mo Bay--beach visit or just hanging around Mo Bay. (we've already done dunn's falls)

Cayman-- Tour of Cayman to include Hell, Turtle Farm, and Stingray City. (I would stay on boat with DS during Stingray City as I've already done this on the last cruise)

Cozumel-- Just shopping at International Pier, hanging around the port.

Thoughts? TIA!

A 7mo won't really have any idea of what you're doing...you just want something that will be comfortable, and maybe on YOUR schedule, so you can come and go when you feel it's time!

And don't forget--the ship is lovely when everyone else is ashore!

Sounds like plan to me...your little one will just be happy to be along for the ride. Are you taking a stroller? You might want to consider a backpack, particularly for shopping.

We did the same tour in GC with my DSs then 3 and 9 and they enjoyed themselves - so did mom and dad. We were on a small tour bus, so I am not sure how you feel about the whole car seat thing, and I am not sure what the laws are in GC...

Just a few suggestions about GC. The tenders can be incredibly bouncy and difficult to get aboard, especially when holding an infant. And GC is the most canceled port of call because of rough waters, so be prepared for those things.

There is a lot to do right in the port of Cozumel. There is a restaurant which is pretty fun and quite a few shops. They even have bathroom facilities which are kept pretty clean.

Have you thought of taking the Rose Hall tour or the All Inclusive Negril Beaches tour? The one for Negril gives you free access to the entire site including all their pools and beach area and it includes food and drinks. That might be a fun day for your entire family.

Sounds like a great plan. I would probably move my "beach visit" to Cozumel though. Many here like "Paradise" beach for a great family beach. I haven't personally tried it but hear wonderful things about it.

Mo Bay - I would probably do a tour as Kitty suggested.

A 7mo won't really have any idea of what you're doing...you just want something that will be comfortable, and maybe on YOUR schedule, so you can come and go when you feel it's time!

And don't forget--the ship is lovely when everyone else is ashore!

Oh yeah, I'm less concerned about my DS being "aware" of whats going on....moreso trying to find something that our whole group can do together.

Sounds like plan to me...your little one will just be happy to be along for the ride. Are you taking a stroller? You might want to consider a backpack, particularly for shopping.

We did the same tour in GC with my DSs then 3 and 9 and they enjoyed themselves - so did mom and dad. We were on a small tour bus, so I am not sure how you feel about the whole car seat thing, and I am not sure what the laws are in GC...

This is exactly what I was getting at...I feel like a horrible mom for even considering it but I wanted to know if anyone had experience with a LO under 1 on the buses. Has anyone taken a bus tour and not used a car seat with a child under 1?

Just a few suggestions about GC. The tenders can be incredibly bouncy and difficult to get aboard, especially when holding an infant. And GC is the most canceled port of call because of rough waters, so be prepared for those things.

There is a lot to do right in the port of Cozumel. There is a restaurant which is pretty fun and quite a few shops. They even have bathroom facilities which are kept pretty clean.

Have you thought of taking the Rose Hall tour or the All Inclusive Negril Beaches tour? The one for Negril gives you free access to the entire site including all their pools and beach area and it includes food and drinks. That might be a fun day for your entire family.

Thanks for the info about GC. We've only cruised once before and had never heard about the rough waters there. It was very pleasant we went! We love the port at Cozumel because there's a lot to do without us having to pay for an excursion...unlike MoBay which doesn't really have an active port really....you would have to take a taxi or something to get to the area where the shops and restaurants are.

Sounds like a great plan. I would probably move my "beach visit" to Cozumel though. Many here like "Paradise" beach for a great family beach. I haven't personally tried it but hear wonderful things about it.

Mo Bay - I would probably do a tour as Kitty suggested.

The reason we would rather do beach in Jamaica is because we know we could "entertain" ourselves just in the port at Cozumel. Whereas with Jamaica you don't disembark into a busy, interactive port...you'd have to take transportation to get to the shops or restaurants.

What tours would you recommend for Jamaica?

Do you have any thoughts about carseats and tours with 7mo old?

Don't rely on having any transportation in Jamaica that can accommodate a car seat. No seat belts in the taxis or on the tour buses.

Most of the tours in Jamaica are pretty active and not for someone with an infant. Like I put in my other post, Rose Hall or the beach tour at Negril would be a good idea.

Don't rely on having any transportation in Jamaica that can accommodate a car seat. No seat belts in the taxis or on the tour buses.

Most of the tours in Jamaica are pretty active and not for someone with an infant. Like I put in my other post, Rose Hall or the beach tour at Negril would be a good idea.

Thanks for the suggestions...we'll talk it over tonight. Much appreciated!

Archived