Preference..Full Moon or Stars

I love beach vacations during full moon. But would love to see stars galore on a ship. Its pretty built up where I live so lots of street lighting and such. Just curious.

kellbellscruise,

I prefer full moons when cruising. I grew up in an area with near zero light pollution so we had 'stars galore.' Clear completely dark nights are rare at sea so I prefer the full moon. The moons reflection across the water is a sight words can not describe.

I was going to say I love both... However, when I thought about it starry nights remind of summer camping vacations in the mountains and how I loved the diamonds in the sky. So I guess either one make me happy but stars bring back other memories.

I love both. The sight of the full moon reflecting in the water is incredible. But so is sitting on your balcony on a dark moonless night and seeing not just the stars, but a meteor shower as well. Absolutely incredible. :)

If I may add a bit of flavor to the sauce !

While observing lighting storms at sea, it's majestically beautiful !

It's a show within itself . While the Captain will comfortably direct the ship around the storm. It truly is a site to see / sea !

I've done both and was disappointed with the stars...we had an aft balcony and the ambient lights from the ship interfered with the starlight. On the otherhand, a full moon rising out of the ocean is ::sigh:: breathtaking!

both are wonderful.. but so many wonderful reflections can be seen on the ocean when out there .. take a camera and set long exposure and hope the boat aint moving too much! ... no need for a tripod just use the railing!

People get crazy during full moons. Bad moods, anger comes out in some etc. Just talk to police & hospital staff and they will tell you how busy they are during full moons.

I would definately choose stars. Plus, if you live in the "city" there is nothing like seeing the stars when there is no other light around. I moved out of the city into the country and I love our starry nights.

Archived