Traveling with almost 2 year old

appgirl

I am planning a cruise with a friend who has a child who will turn 2 on the day we disembark. We are cruising on Carnival Liberty. My first question is will she be allowed in the Camp Carnival for kids 2+, even though she will not be two until the last day? Are there pools for children her age? And will she need a signed letter from the child's father giving permission for her to go? Thanks, any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am planning a cruise with a friend who has a child who will turn 2 on the day we disembark. We are cruising on Carnival Liberty. My first question is will she be allowed in the Camp Carnival for kids 2+, even though she will not be two until the last day? Are there pools for children her age? And will she need a signed letter from the child's father giving permission for her to go? Thanks, any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, she will need a signed, notarized letter from her father, giving mom permission to take her on this cruise. No, she will not be allowed in the club; from Carnival's webpage:

Children under 2 years are not allowed to participate in the regular Camp Carnival Program.

What do you mean by pools for her age? Do you mean pools for children in diapers or pullups? Suggestion - don't go on this cruise with your friend if you do not want to have her child with you all day.

There are many, many threads on this board discussing these issues.

• 1 year later...

Suggestion - don't go on this cruise with your friend if you do not want to have her child with you all day.

Thank you but I don't believe my question was IF I should go with my friend. I can pretty much make that decision on my own.

No, she will not be allowed into Camp Carnival.....children must be 2 years old on the day of embarkation to be allowed in Camp Carnival. They are VERY strict on this issue. Is it possible to cruise the next week when she will be 2?

Yes, she will need a notarized letter from her father allowing her travel outside the country,

If she is not potty trained, she will NOT be allowed into any of the pools or hot tubs.....no diapered person (regardless of age) is allowed in the pools or hot tubs. Plan accordingly.

1)To the first question, NO she will not be allowed into the camp at all. You are the age you are on the first day of the cruise for the entire week. They have a list and will not make any exceptions whatsoever. I was told it was because of insurance liability. Unfortunately you child can only particiapte in "under 2 time"

2)Yes, you will need a notarized letter. They can deny you boarding without it.

This thread is almost a year and a half old and I am curious as to why the OP pulled it back up? You may be able to "make my decision on my own", but it appears it's taking an awfully long time :).

There has been no change, and no new information added.

Archived