Is it cheaper to buy Italian Train tickets in advance?

:eek:

Also, I came across a spectacular review about the person's trip which was broken down by each port but cannot find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know! I tried to bookmark it, but it just bookmarked the cruisecritic board page!

I had started reading these, then they were removed:(, apparently, and other CCers were asking about it..I'm not sure why it was removed.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about the ESCity trains? Seems like I read that the tickets need to be purchased in advance and I don't know if there would be any available on the morning of the trip.

Trenitalia's web site is not accepting my cards. Any suggestions?

After a month of trial and error and several emails to trenitalia - I finally received an email that told me they activated my user ID and was now able to purchase tickets - too late mind you - I had already purchased from Rail Europe and cancelled my user id!

I managed to get my tickets through the Trenitalia site with only a minor glitch - the first credit card I tried to use was declined, so I tried another and got the tickets ok. However when I contacted the first credit card company, they told me that they automatically decline all transactions to this site because there has been so much fraud. They told me that only 4% of transactions are genuine on this site!

Archived