Journey - cabins connect - do balconies?

Cruiser Nonna

We are traveling on the Journey in connecting cabins 7030 and 7032 which connect.

Somewhere I thought I read that the balconies can be "unlocked" to connect - has anyone done this or have any information?

If anyone has sailed in either of these cabins and have comments - please share.

Thank you as always for the help

Kathy

We are traveling on the Journey in connecting cabins 7030 and 7032 which connect.

Somewhere I thought I read that the balconies can be "unlocked" to connect - has anyone done this or have any information?

If anyone has sailed in either of these cabins and have comments - please share.

Kathy

The partition between the balconies can be unlocked and folded back.

The partition between the balconies can be unlocked and folded back.

From a practical perspective, it is true that the partition can be opened. I have sailed on Journey twice (most recently in March), however, and both times I was told that they would not unlock the partition. I never got a clear answer as to why this was their policy.

Kathy

I was looking at this as well as we have two room side by side and I found this post.

September 17th, 2007, 10:57 AM

crab.gifCrabbyHarper user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon7.gifYes!

On our Sep 8 cruise I asked our "butler" to have opened the divider between the balconies and he told us that the divider could not be open when the ship was sailing. When we got to St. George's the divider was opened and stayed open until we got back to Bayonne, hnece WAS opend on the trip home. Hmmm.

It was very convenient for the four of us to meet out on the balcony for cocktails and conversation.

The dividing door between the staterooms was almost impossible to open, and with the size of the staterooms, the small sofa had to be in front of the door so this was not very convenient.

FYI, it seems that almost all balconies can be opened between two adjoining rooms, even if there is not an interior adjoining door.

We were quite dismayed to open the door to our cabin and find 2 Azamara men working on our veranda. We had not been notified in advance. They had entered by way of the next veranda. We notified the guest relations and the hotel manager. We felt like we had been invaded.

We were quite dismayed to open the door to our cabin and find 2 Azamara men working on our veranda. We had not been notified in advance. They had entered by way of the next veranda. We notified the guest relations and the hotel manager. We felt like we had been invaded.

Gads, that's a whole different topic! I've gotten out of the shower to find men on my balcony, window washers outside the balcony when I've woken up, and the most spectacular was a Black Hawk helicopter hovering alongside the balcony during the Quest pre-inaugural sailing as we'd gotten too close to Port Canaveral for the shuttle launch. Let me tell you, waking up to that was quite the eye-opener! And yes, I sleep au natural... poor guys!

Archived