Anyone w/ Freedom reviews? (Eastern route)

There have been a few recent Freedom threads over the last couple of weeks. Doing a "Freedom" search in the Carnival forums should bring them up. OR, do what I am doing-watch the Travel Channel tonight (Saturday) at 10pm EST. Samantha Brown is featuring the Freedom's 8 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary as part of her great cruises series. This is the exact same cruise we'll be on in January and sounds like it's yours, too. San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau. I'm VERY excited to see this show!!!:p

Celebrat- I will certainly be writing a review when I get back, so make sure you read it :)

scrappinannie - I've done the search, and found a few. I already have the Tivo set for 10 tonight! I'm looking forward to it as well

Thanks everyone!:D

Our ports are Tortola, St.Thomas, San Juan, Antigua, and Nassau :) What was your favorite spot to hang out on the Freedom? Also, What did you do in St.Thomas?

Hi Cruisechic....I see the Freedom's itinerary is slightly different than when I sailed!

You asked what we did in St. Thomas...we chose the shopping and beach excursion offered through Carnival. We started the day on the shopping part of the excursion. There are tons of jewelry stores in St. Thomas, so if you like jewelry, you'll love shopping here. After the shopping, they took us to Sapphire Beach. This was a fairly nice beach, but I was not overly impressed with the facilities---the women's restroom was kinda nasty. This is a private beach that has condos on it. While we were there, I overheard some of the condo people complaining about all the cruise ship people on the beach. When I return next April on the Victory, I am going to Magen's Bay.

I might mention that I also enjoyed San Juan, but I felt like I didn't really get to see to much of it since we got there so late in the day. Most of the historical forts and other sites close between 5 and 6. I would suggest that you do an excursion of some sort here. It got dark fairly quickly, and we just wandered the Old San Juan streets for a while, and ended up back on the ship a few hours before we had to be there.

A great place to have fun on the ship at night was the piano bar. If there is a good singer/piano player there when you are on the ship, it's a lot of fun! During the day, I usually tried to find a chair on Lido near the main pool. There was always some music playing or something fun going on.

The Freedom is a great ship! I think you will have a great cruise!:D

I think that is the itinerary that Samantha Brown did on the Freedom for one of her shows. It was just on tonight on the Travel Channel. Maybe you should check out the website to see if you can see the show!

The only difference is that her cruise did not go to San Juan.

Yes, the show last night was great. Recorded it so I can watch it again when I'm completely awake!:eek: I also noticed they did not stop in San Juan unless they did not include it in the show.

They did a much better job on the Freedom than when she was on the Inspiration!:)

We were in St Thomas last year. Did some shopping in the plaza right off where the ship docks. We went to Megan's Bay beach. It was a beautiful beach, but a wild ride over a mountain to get there.

Archived