Funny food stories anyone?

magandab

One evening on our first cruise DW ordered a salad with the dressing "on the side". When she got her salad, the dressing was neatly applied along the edges of the plate!!! The next time she made sure to ask for dressing in a separate dish!!

I had a gastric bypass, so my tummy is “small”. Dinning at the main dinning room proved to be a little much. I loved the entrée from one dish, the side from another and a side from yet another. Before I knew it they had brought me 4 COMPLETE MEALS!!! Combined with appetizer and soup before the plates even came, with an 8 oz stomach capacity, I took a fair amount of teasing from my boys.:eek:

Way back when the world was a different place and departing passengers were allowed to have bon voyage parties in their staterooms - my family (including my now husband) went to see my mom and her sister off on their first cruise.

They had trays of the prettiest canapes, one of which I bit into. Yikes - it was a tiny cracker topped with what I thought it was a little dab of boysenberry jam surrounded by prettily-piped cream cheese. But guess what it was - caviar! And I DO NOT like seafood of any kind!

But don't be too hard on me - I was only about 24 years old at the time!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the stories here and especially the great attitudes they show from staff and patrons alike.

I remember our time on the Disney Magic where we were assigned to a different DR each evening, but with the same table mates and wait staff. My youngest, then 11, elicited reactions of mock horror from our French waiter when at every dinner she asked for ketchup (horror of horrors). He teased her each and every time, but on our last evening instead of the modest little dishes of ketchup, he brought a full bottle of Heinz - this time without her request.

Who has a funny story, related to the food on a cruise? My favorite still is from my very first cruise on the old HAL Noordam. The ice cream at the ice cream bar was FANTASTIC but after my first order there, the guy who worked scooping it was forever known as the "Ice Cream ****". I'd go up, look at the list of flavors and ask for, say, hazelnut chocolate. "No hazelnut, what else do you want?"

I'd ask "what do you have?" His answer, every time? "Read the board!" This happened every day.

HAHA totally get your reference. DH is a huge Seinfeld fan. We would have been cracking up and going up there every day just to get a reaction out of the guy.

One evening on our first cruise DW ordered a salad with the dressing "on the side". When she got her salad, the dressing was neatly applied along the edges of the plate!!! The next time she made sure to ask for dressing in a separate dish!!

LOL I guess you have to be pretty explicit with what you expect. This had to be a cultural thing.

Archived