Pre Book Chops or Portofinos, Question for UK cruisers

I've never pre-booked Chops or Portofinos before, but after the last time on Freedom where we couldn't get the times or days we first wanted when we tried to book as soon as we boarded I thought I'd book as soon as reservations opened.

I did this in May for our Sept sailing and paid the whole amount as you have to do when booking.

I've now noticed that the prices have come down in GBP, no doubt due to the exchange rate of the GBP to US$.

Has this happened to anyone before and can I expect a refund? If so, does this come back to my credit card, or will it be credited as OBC?

Or should I cancel and re-book (the dates and times I want are still available)?

Ive just cancelled and rebooked my 3 dining reservations.

You have to click change/remove and then change number of passengers to 0 and then uncheck the tick boxes next to the names. It will then ask if you want to cancel and have a refund to your card. It didn;t seem straight forward on first try.

Then just reorder at the lower prices.

I wouldn't wait for RC to refund you to be honest. Just do it yourself.

First time cruiser here - very excited - however - I have over paid £40 for Chops and Portofino's , but am loathed to cancel and re-book as there is now limited availability. Not sure really what to do now. I haven't booked any trips yet - does anyone think he prices will come down even further ?? what happens if the prices go back up - do they ask for the extra payment ??

Thanks

Debbie

What with the excursions and the dining I have 'overpaid' over £100 in total. Am I likely to get any of this back.

Mgt

what happens if the prices go back up - do they ask for the extra payment ??

No, they don't ask for extra payment - we booked Portofino on Explorer and the price went up after booking, so we were lucky

On the same basis though I wouldn't think they will refund any money because the prices have gone down. The only way to get your money back is to cancel and then rebook at the new prices.

For us UK cruisers, just to let you know I have received a response from RCI UK and they advised that they would not make any refunds on the amount I've paid for the reservations and I can cancel and take the chance that once onboard our required days/times are available.

Therefore, all I can suggest to all us in the UK is to keep checking if your preferred day/time is available and reserve as late as possible as long as the exchange rate is in our favour. It's a gamble I know.

For us UK cruisers, just to let you know I have received a response from RCI UK and they advised that they would not make any refunds on the amount I've paid for the reservations and I can cancel and take the chance that once onboard our required days/times are available.

Therefore, all I can suggest to all us in the UK is to keep checking if your preferred day/time is available and reserve as late as possible as long as the exchange rate is in our favour. It's a gamble I know.

If you cancel online are rebook then they have to refund you. Simple as that.

Archived