Prince Rupert: Archaeological Harbour Tour

Have any of you taken this tour? I saw it listed on a few travel sites, but not the cruiselines excursions. None of the sites say how to book it or where to purchase tickets. They also don't list the hours. Anyone know? Any info on this tour would be very much appreciated.

Hi I have not taken this tour - however I used to live in Prince Rupert - where they will be taking you to is the village of Metlakatla British Columbia (there is a Metlakatla Alaska so make sure you have the right one) which is just accross the harbor from Prince Rupert. There is no road access to Metlakatla but there is a passanger ferry that runs accross the harbor. I understand about not wanting to do the ships tour - google Prince Rupert tour compaines - Metlakatla etc until you find a tour operator that will give you a private tour if you do not want to partake of the ships. I would not suggest going to Metlakatla without a tour guide to show you what you want to see.

Enjoy your time in Prince Rupert it is a lovely small coastal city with friendly folks and lots to see & do

I haven't been to Metlakatla in years and they only developed the tourist aspect fairly recently. The good part is it will not be crowded and I don't imagine overly touristy...the natural scenery of just crossing the harbor to get there will be good with a chance (if you are lucky) to see natural marine life (whales - seals - otters) - good opportunity to see a real Native Indian Village.

Archived