Maho Beach

That picture was taken from the roof of the Sonesta Maho.

See the included remarks at the airliners.net link.

gary

Any chance that there is a roof top bar open to the public at the Sonesta Maho?

That plane must not be landing. It is way too high in the air and over toward the side from what it looks like. All the planes I've seen land were way down low.

The landing gear is down and the shadow is right over the runway. It does look high to me as well though. Perhaps it is due to the angle from which it was shot from.

But the shadow could be coming from the direction of the sun (which could be behind the person taking the picture) and reflecting that way. That is one of the bigger planes and I can't see it landing when it looks that high up in the air still. The bigger the planes, the lower they were flying when I was there (and from what I've seen in pictures)

But the shadow could be coming from the direction of the sun (which could be behind the person taking the picture) and reflecting that way. That is one of the bigger planes and I can't see it landing when it looks that high up in the air still. The bigger the planes, the lower they were flying when I was there (and from what I've seen in pictures)

Is there a possibility that this picture was altered?

That plane must not be landing. It is way too high in the air and over toward the side from what it looks like. All the planes I've seen land were way down low.

I'm sure it is just from the angle of the picture that the plane looks higher up. I know when you are watching from the beach, it looks like you could reach up and touch them.

ROFL !!

I gotta get up to the roof at the Sonesta! I will be eating at all the best restaurants in Grand Case if I can pull that one off! My DH would be soooo happy!!!

ROFL !!

I gotta get up to the roof at the Sonesta! I will be eating at all the best restaurants in Grand Case if I can pull that one off! My DH would be soooo happy!!!

No idea how they got to the roof, but I posted a photo a while ago where the photographer told me it was from a stairwell at the Maho:

59596_1152867718_tb.jpgJetphotos.net

BTW, Sometimes the little guys are a delight as well:

1493527.jpg

Airliners.net

gary

Archived