Lido Resturant

mickey001

It seems like I've been reading for YEARS about the lack of trays in the Lido. I've been on several HAL ships, most recently the Noordam in 12/08 and have never not had trays in the Lido. Is this just an ongoing joke or am I missing something?

:confused:

Sorry, it's no joke. :( It started with an experiment on the Westerdam last fall, and the announced date for them to be removed from all HAL ships was May 1 this year ... but some ships still have them. For how long is anybody's guess.

We just got off the Statendam and had no trays. The hotel manager said that the Statendam was the last ship to have trays and that the trays were taken out of service just the week before (I assume June 1). He said that having no trays has cut down on food wastage by 30%. Sometimes it was a pain to have to make several trips, esp. on crowded mornings with almost everyone having early tours.

Round and around we go...

[sigh] I miss those formal and/or smoking threads... :rolleyes:

When I'm dressed in any of my formals, I am smokin'! :D

Ruth,

We know you're smokin' HOT . . . . BUT, can you balance a tray with a pineapple and "Logo" chocolate on it on your head in formal gown and heels while dancing to a string quartet in the Non-Smoking Ocean Bar after AYW dining and before the 9:00 PM show ?

***** did I leave anything out ????????? ***** :confused:

r.

Ruth,

We know you're smokin' HOT . . . . BUT, can you balance a tray with a pineapple and "Logo" chocolate on it on your head in formal gown and heels while dancing to a string quartet in the Non-Smoking Ocean Bar after AYW dining and before the 9:00 PM show ?

***** did I leave anything out ????????? ***** :confused:

r.

Can't wear heals anymore. :( But other than that.... :D

So............................what does/did HAL do with all those plastic fake wood serving trays?:confused: Bolt a chair to them and make school desks out of them? Emergency paddles for tender occupants? Give them to the crew for use in their chow hall? Use them as snow boards in Alaska and as boogie boards in Hawaii?

Archived