What food on a cruise did you miss??

Buddy L

I'm not from England, nor have I ever been there. But you know what? I LOVE beans for breakfast!!:cool: One of our favorite things to do is to make a big batch and then eat them all week long. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks...Mmmmmm:p

I'm weird, I know. But my grandparents were okies, so the bean thing kinda carried over from them.

I couldn't believe that they didn't have tarter sauce either on the ship. But they did have mayo, so at least I had something to to dip my french fries in!

Heidi

Boy, beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner all week long. Hope you all slept outside! :D

Buddy, this is one of the funniest things I have read on this board in a long time! My kids think I am crazy when I actually laugh out loud at the keyboard. Can we cruise together some time? :D

Carol

I'm always open to offers!!

You must be house trained...enjoy wearing ridiculous hats, and worrying shorts...like a good healthy portion of baked beans, and................................you dont work at Hooters by any chance do you??? (Just a thought!!):D :D

Whenever I have the urge to cheat on my diet, I will come back and read this thread <ack!>

I think your being unfair...they always use the very freshest blood, cooked to perfection so it congeals into a nice texture!!!

Who could resist that, not me...my wife says I'm not well!! :D :D

This is the funniest thread! :D

Seriously though, my husband always talks about when he was a kid, his grandparents always had blood pudding around the holidays. (Must have been a special treat. :) ) I asked him once what it was, and he told me he really didn't know, but it was good. I wonder if he knew what it was really made of?

They have to be Heinz baked beans, the original Heinz from England, not the American version. They are also great on toast for any meal of the day!

To the person who dips her fries in mayo because no tartar sauce: just get some relish and mix it with the mayo. You'll have your very own tartar!

Don't ever be afraid to try new foodsd from other countries. You would be amazed how much you like it. I got hooked on Heinz beans after visiting my Nan several times in England.

To the person who dips her fries in mayo because no tartar sauce: just get some relish and mix it with the mayo. You'll have your very own tartar!

Don't ever be afraid to try new foodsd from other countries. You would be amazed how much you like it.

Quick and easy dip for fries is mayo and ketchup, mix it together and you will love it!

For me the breakfast on the Vogager was so so. I would have liked waffles or pancakes that actually tasted good. I don't eat eggs and they didn't offer any alternatives. I ate cereal and fresh fruit every day. My finace ate omlettes and scrambled eggs each day and loved it!

No A1 sauce for the steak! Not a whole lot of variety of chicken dishes (repeats on a 7 night cruise). No vending machine type of snacks. I am a snack eater and during the day I craved those chips, crackers etc.

But still no real complaints... food was overall good. I stayed away from the windjammer! I felt like it was a university cafeteria-like food and automsphere!

Archived