CCL's policy re: price drops and special rates?

39august

How does CCL handle refunds due to price drops and reductions due to special senior, resident and military rates, please? To date, RCI has allowed these refunds up to the day before sailing. I am interested in trying a newer CCL ship and hope this is what CCL does also.

How does CCL handle refunds due to price drops and reductions due to special senior, resident and military rates, please? To date, RCI has allowed these refunds up to the day before sailing. I am interested in trying a newer CCL ship and hope this is what CCL does also.

Although your question may appear simple... it is more complex than you may think. Lottsa vairables regarding how you booked the cruise originally along with the cancellation/change penalties, etc....

Royal Caribbean is much more leniant with rate reductions then CCL is even up to the final days before sailing.

My suggestion is to contact a TA and see the different options available to you and weigh out the positive and not so positives if you make changes.

Do you mean Carnival has a charge to change sailings/ships and a charge to cancel at any time? Wow, that's harsh.

If you book with the "Early Saver" code, it comes with restrictions i.e. non refundable deposit.... This is why I suggested speaking with a TA to weigh out all the options. Other codes to book will allow rate reductions up until day before final payment is due.... Early Saver with restrictions will allow OBC up to 2 days before sailing.... lottsa variables. And Sr. Fares, Military, Resident promos are out there as well, but some are not combineable with the other....

Do you mean Carnival has a charge to change sailings/ships and a charge to cancel at any time? Wow, that's harsh.

No, that's not what was said.

What was said are there are many options to choose from with Carnival. What you chose will determine any refund/OBC/upgrade policy.

In a nutshell, Carnival will automatically match the fare BEFORE final payment.....providing the new lower fare is not restricted to New Bookings Only...which will be stated in the rules concerning that fare.

After final payment, no more reductions in price....generally speaking....

They offer a very reasonably priced "Early Saver" rate that saves a lot of money over the regular price... This fare permits matching rates up to 2 days before sailing.....with a few exceptions.

Military, past guest and other promotions would be handled the same way as regular fares.... Before final payment, lower price..after, it's depends on the lower fare....

Besides, RCCL's policy changed quite a while ago about OBC and matching fares. They chose higher revenue over empty cabins......

And, RCCL is much higher priced...and, once onboard, too many "for fee" venues.

Archived