Sea lions, bears & eagles Oh My! Pearl to Alaska 6/07/09 review (w/ pics!)

Cubechick

Thanks for the awesome post. We were on the same cruise in a BB balcony. We also stayed at the Marriott Waterfront. It was fun to relive the cruise through your wonderful prose and photos. Thank you for taking the time.

This was our first cruise ever and we are hooked. We have already booked two more NCL cruises!

Just wanted to say what a fantastic review. To me the best reviews are the ones with lots of pictures and narration. One of the best reviews i have read. THank you for taking your time and writing this.

How was the new cruise director? I have read some mixed reviews of her.

Thanks

I thought she was pretty good. She was certainly everywhere on the ship and very friendly, but didn't have that "high energy" personality of Matt Baaker.

Cubechick,

As said so many times so far, wonderful review.

I have a question or two about Ketchikan. The picture you posted of Ketchikan, what direction is it pointing? Is that possibly the new dock area they were building when we were there in May of '07? That's not towards Creek Street, is it? I've never been to Creek Street, and plan to go the next time; I've asked here on the boards and have been told it is a short walk, but as I study this picture, I think it is pointing North, right? Here is a picture as we were waiting in line to be tendered back to the Pearl, the new dock being constructed in the background.

IMG_0956.jpg.688c92cecc4a3a7c64992d475436c2b5.jpg

Cubechick

Thought I would reply to my own post to get it moved to the front so you might see the questions I have asked, and have a chance to answer.

Hope this is not considered thread bumping just for bumping, I just have a questions I would like answered.

I thank you for your consideration, assistance, and vast knowledge!

planma'am, since this was our first trip I have no point of reference. The pier looked new, but I can't say for sure. Consulting w/ DH that photo was taken facing the rear of the ship and was north. The Pearl herself was facing south. DH thinks Creek Street was to our south, but as we didn't go there he isn't certain.

So basically I can't really answer your questions with any degree of accuracy.

Sorry!

Cubechick,

Thank you, I appreciate what you were able to tell me. At least I know that picture was taken facing north, and that the Pearl docks facing south (YES! we are on the port side).

Again, loved the review. I find myself going back to it several times! Living vicariously through it until we sail! :o

Archived