Pullmantur ship to be quarantained for 1 whole week!

The Ocean Dream will be quarantained for 1 whole week when she gets back this Friday to her homeport of Aruba.

Nobody will be allowed to leave the ship for 1 week. All 1300 crew/passengers will remain onboard!

It is assumed that over 50 people onboard are affected with the mexican flu.

Pullmantur is owned by Royal Caribbean.

I could think of worse places to be quarantined. :D

Thanks Caribbean Boy for the news item. You always have such interesting stories.

I was thinking the same..good place to be quarantained and I guess it's free too. Pay 1 week get the second week free!

I could think of worse places to be quarantined. :D

Thanks Caribbean Boy for the news item. You always have such interesting stories.

Can you imagine the people who were supposed to embark when they got back. :eek: I wonder if trip insurance covers that?

Can you imagine the people who were supposed to embark when they got back. :eek: I wonder if trip insurance covers that?

Most of them are spanish people who are flown in each Friday, so wondering what's going to happen with the group that was suppose to board this Friday

Eleven more crew members are reported to have symptoms.

"The virus was detected in three crew members and the boat must now stay in quarantine until June 24," said Venezuelan health official Jorge Alchaer.

Ocean Dream is managed by the Spanish tour operator Pullmantur. Miami-based Royal Caribbean, which owns Pullmantur, said it could not comment on the situation.

jj......

It only sounds fun if your cruising. These people are hostages waiting for the worst. I trully feel sorry for them. What kind of Bill will they have after a second week.

You have to wonder how this will work out with all of the cruises this winter when the news is saying this flu will resurface. To be trapped on a ship like a Voyager class ship is OK but something like the Monarch would get small really fast. Good luck to all of those passengers!

Mike

Archived