What are the Best Rooms a Ship

Randus62

If the ship has a court yard villa.They are the best.We were upgraded on our 2007 cruise on the pearl.It was my daughter 13 now and her best friends first cruise.Yes they got spoiled.Now they think every cruise we go on will have the same kind of rooms.They have now sailed on ncl,carnival and in Oct 2009 Holland America.They still talk about NCL court yard villa.

Happy sailing

We just booked a mini suite (0067) on the Sun and we understand this is a great location. Wondering what others thought are the best spots?

Generally there are two schools of thought about cabins. Those who prefer the aft looking cabins and those who prefer cabins midships....

We just booked a mini suite (0067) on the Sun and we understand this is a great location. Wondering what others thought are the best spots?

We tend to like the aft cabins that are located on the side of the ship, followed by midship cabins. Not a huge fan of the forward cabins as I tend to get sea sick at times. If this isn't an issue for you, think you will have a great time in the cabin you chose. Although, the Sun is a very stable ship so you shouldn't have too much trouble with that even if you are in rougher waters.

Still, love those aft cabins -- especially on the Sun.

Our first NCL cruise was on the Sky in the stern BA. We continued to book these full aft staterooms on other ships. We changed to the AD, also full stern, larger, upgraded bathroom (my knees were cramped in the WC of the BA.) We've continued with the AD suite, but since there are only four of them on most of the newer NCL ships, we need to book early.

The similar stateroom on the Epic is now called an AC.

Another location is inside bottom of the ship for stability. I have had these as well as middle balconey. I beliebe it depends on your taste and if you get sea sick easily. Bottom middle of ship is best for sea sick.

We were in 0065 on the Sun and LOVED it. Not only the stateroom (which is so far probably the largest suite we have had) but it was our first Aft stateroom. We were instantly addicted. We have been Aft two times on the Star and once on the Pearl since then. The only disadvantage the Sun has over the others is on the Star and Pearl you really do feel like you have the whole ship to yourself as it is very quiet on the balcony. On the Sun, the outdoor cafe is right above you so some times you hear people up there having fun, etc. Other than that, you will love it. Can't wait until you get back from your cruise and hopefully come back here and tell us all about it.

We were in 0065 on the Sun and LOVED it. Not only the stateroom (which is so far probably the largest suite we have had) but it was our first Aft stateroom. We were instantly addicted. We have been Aft two times on the Star and once on the Pearl since then. The only disadvantage the Sun has over the others is on the Star and Pearl you really do feel like you have the whole ship to yourself as it is very quiet on the balcony. On the Sun, the outdoor cafe is right above you so some times you hear people up there having fun, etc. Other than that, you will love it. Can't wait until you get back from your cruise and hopefully come back here and tell us all about it.

We sure will come back and post. Sadly, it is a longgggggg way off. But, the only way to get this cabin was to book a ways in advance.

• 2 months later...

WOW - A first class cabin for a first class couple.

Thanks for not listing me as the rudest person on the ship :p

We do not have any cruise plans, but we have plans to go to Hawaii in Feb - Now waiting to make sure there are no real major flu problems, etc. before booking non-refundable airfare. There are some great deals there & enough to keep us busy for a week.

I was looking at a May 1, 2010 cruise to Alaska, but don't think we would get a suite for a week for $399 each.

John & Connie

The best cabins on NCl are the Garden Villas. Period. Nothing else compares. They are midships on Deck 14 and there are 2 on each of 6 ships: the Star, Dawn, Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem. The first two are the best, the middle two next, and the last two are the worst.

I think the OP was asking what was the best "location" not the best cabin. It's understood that the "Garden Villas" are the greatest! But, most of us cannot afford them. So..........in light of that, the location of the suites, mini suite, balconys, etc....is very significant to the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Do not like forward cabins so much...had owners suites and could hear the anchor drop each morning...sometimes far too early. Somewhat disturbing. Aft are relaxing, sometimes they get dirty though with debris or soot, but it is absolutely comfortable to read and hear the churning water. I like midship also, but usually if only one side of the balcony (or neither) has a neighbor (i.e. AB, or Princess on the 'bump out' area, or some Celebrity suites).

They're all good though....forward though is windy (if you have a fwd facing balcony) and sometimes noisy.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Connie did not win the lottery, we went with the finest cabin money could buy for a low amount - inside, aft should be good again. Just makes us get out of the cabin earlier and have more fun on the jumpin' decks all day.

Party On !

PS - When we win the lottery, hope the owner is not using his suite, as we want it for a week or two :eek:

Archived