Skagway Eagle Preserve Float Trip

LVSue

I've done a lot of research here and found the shorter, easier Skagway float trip on the Taiya River. That really appeals to us older guys.

BUT we are traveling at the end of the season this year, where eagles might actually be visible on the Chilcat Bald Eagle preserve. And we are doing a 14-day trip next year, when it might be fun just to do something simple in Skagway amidst all the new things we are doing.

I'd appreciate some feedback about the two tours, especially my new "brilliant" idea of doing the more "arduous" one this year and saving the easier one for May.

And now I have discovered that there are three tours: one through the ship, one through something called Skagway Tours (which may just be a broker), and one with URL alaskafloattrips whose header says Eco Orca Limited.

BQ, Yukon, any advice?

I wanted to let you know that Skagway Tours is not a broker. We booked the Skagway hike and float trip through them and found everyone we talked with to be very friendly and informative. They pick you up at the dock in their own van. The driver, Cody, was also our tour guide. He was wonderful !!!!!

I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the tour.

Archived