Did you feel you wasted $ on Kauai chopper ride since

flashdog_1

the ship does the sail by? Most of the photos people have posted that were taken from the ship look so clear that I wondered if it was sort of a repeat of the helicopter trip. But today I saw some photos that show how far away the ship is from land and realized the first pictures I saw must have been taken with telephoto or zoom lenses!

Also, some photos from ads for a boat ride on the Na Pali coast looked far different than anything I'd seen in posted photos taken from the ship. (the little coves etc). Can you see those coves from the chopper, too?

How wonderful is it? I do not want to duplicate or waste time or money.

I'm also wondering if I'll OD on beauty by the time we're in Kauai!! Help!

the ship does the sail by? Most of the photos people have posted that were taken from the ship look so clear that I wondered if it was sort of a repeat of the helicopter trip. But today I saw some photos that show how far away the ship is from land and realized the first pictures I saw must have been taken with telephoto or zoom lenses!

Also, some photos from ads for a boat ride on the Na Pali coast looked far different than anything I'd seen in posted photos taken from the ship. (the little coves etc). Can you see those coves from the chopper, too?

I can guarantee you haven't seen anything until you see Kauai by air. You will fly very close to spectacular waterfalls, thru the incredible Waimea Canyon, past the tallest sea cliffs in the world. Only 10% of Kauai can be seen from the ground. I live here and am not in the helicopter business but have flown several times. You will LOVE IT! There is one company, Island Helicopters, which can now land at the falls used in the original Jurassic Park film. Breathtaking! http://www.islandhelicopters.com

I can guarantee you haven't seen anything until you see Kauai by air. You will fly very close to spectacular waterfalls, thru the incredible Waimea Canyon, past the tallest sea cliffs in the world. Only 10% of Kauai can be seen from the ground. I live here and am not in the helicopter business but have flown several times. You will LOVE IT! There is one company, Island Helicopters, which can now land at the falls used in the original Jurassic Park film. Breathtaking! http://www.islandhelicopters.com

My wife saw the price :eek: and surely thought it was going to be a big waste of money. She was still skeptical after reading many rave reviews.

She had no complaints or every talked about the $ aspects again after the ride, and she is a lover and sucker for deals. So I think she thought it was a "deal" :D

The ship does get close. The chopper actually flys into the big coves in the canyon. It was the best for me! It is all in the eye of the beholder. I video taped a snipet of our ride and posted it on webshots-its not great but you can get an idea. Here is a pic on deck during the Napali sailby,

if you click the image it will link to my webshots album the video is on the last page #4.2669218610056770864zgNqFY_th.jpg

We took a helicopter tour of Maui, and consider it the best money we ever spent. It is what can be called a 'E' ticket ride. At almost any price, it was worth the money. Do it at least once in your life

My wife is pretty small, and got the seat next to the pilot, and she REALLY like that

Archived