not that you care...

and I know some are probably frustrated with this title. But I'm sitting here wishing I had a cruise coming up in the near future not being able to go nearly as much as many here.

Then... I just had a great memory that I thought I might share.

We were on the 5/16 sailing of the Enchantment. We were traveling with some friends who were first time cruisers. After the show we wandered into the "Majority Rules" game show not really knowing what to expect. We agreed that if it looked kinda dumb we'd take off.

Well, to make a long story short... we won! Out of over 30 teams I was shocked we had the most. Made for a great story when we got back.

That's all :)

I've been on 5 RCCL cruises and have never heard of "Majority Rules." What is it?

First time I had heard of it as well.

It was held in the spotlight lounge and hosted by the cruise director & staff. They didn't explain what would happen ahead of time, he just said to get in groups of three to six. He also said to pick someone in the group to do some moving around. We had the four of us which worked well.

He then explained that he would ask us questions, some about cruising, some random from previous cruisers who were polled. Each group had to write down what they thought was the most common answer put (not necessarily the correct one).

The first question was which is the most popular drink ordered on a cruise? Each team had 30 seconds to write down their answer and run it up to the table. They would keep a running total of which group had the most correct. In this case, the most popular answer was a margarita (we got it right and don't even drink). He would read several of them allowed.

Anyway, it turned out to be a fun time. As you can imagine a number of groups just came up with funny stuff to be read and didn't take it too seriously. They had third place, then second place, then when they announced us as first, we didn't even clap or cheer as we were so stunned!

Anybody else familiar with this?

First time I had heard of it as well.

It was held in the spotlight lounge and hosted by the cruise director & staff. They didn't explain what would happen ahead of time, he just said to get in groups of three to six. He also said to pick someone in the group to do some moving around. We had the four of us which worked well.

He then explained that he would ask us questions, some about cruising, some random from previous cruisers who were polled. Each group had to write down what they thought was the most common answer put (not necessarily the correct one).

The first question was which is the most popular drink ordered on a cruise? Each team had 30 seconds to write down their answer and run it up to the table. They would keep a running total of which group had the most correct. In this case, the most popular answer was a margarita (we got it right and don't even drink). He would read several of them allowed.

Anyway, it turned out to be a fun time. As you can imagine a number of groups just came up with funny stuff to be read and didn't take it too seriously. They had third place, then second place, then when they announced us as first, we didn't even clap or cheer as we were so stunned!

Anybody else familiar with this?

Ok, here's a stupid question. Where's the Spotlight Lounge?

Sheeeesh....I've got to lay off the booze on these ships.

Ok, here's a stupid question. Where's the Spotlight Lounge?

Sheeeesh....I've got to lay off the booze on these ships.

Yea....and you are asking where another lounge is so you can get more liquor? LOL :D:D

As a prize we got those shoulder packs. Not bad, I would have been fine with bragging rights. I think second place got umbrellas, not sure about third.

the spotlight lounge, hmmmmmm, aft, deck five maybe? The big one where they hold quest on the vision class, karaoke back there. It might have been called the fascination rhythm lounge or something like that at one time. I think the name varies from ship to ship.

Here is another one of the questions. What is the most popular RCL ship in the current fleet (not including the Enchantment)?

What is the most popular RCL ship in the current fleet (not including the Enchantment)?

I have heard The Radiance is one of the most popular ships. She was awfully beautiful! Although I am not a really good judge because she is the only one I've been on.

the answer was the Freedom of the Seas :)

How about this one...

If the ship was sinking and you could only take one thing, what would you grab?

Lifejacket? :D Congratulations on your first place win! It's always fun isn't it?:D

the answer was wallet/money. Several people put their seapass card!! Not sure what they were thinking.

Some of the others included:

Most popular actor?

Most popular actress?

What was the combined age of the cruise director and assistant CD?

How do you pick up a rabbit?

What is the biggest pick up line?

the answer was the Freedom of the Seas :)

How about this one...

If the ship was sinking and you could only take one thing, what would you grab?

It was a no-brainer for me....

MY HUSBAND!! :D:D

Archived