directions in Gibralta

Divvy

We are ending at Gib . I put this post in wrong place . I thought if you bought at EU countries it was unlimited as long as it was for your own use . Last year I bought some in Monte Carlo duty free and some in Gib , but we were on an excursion and I don't know if I will be able to find the same shop again . The only problem with buying on the ship is that they deliver it to you on the last night. After your cases have gone . The only people we saw being stopped at customs when we got home were the ones with white boxes of drink etc that they had bought on the ship .I don't want to buy a masive amount , maybe 30 pks of baccy and 400 cigs . Got to last me a year till next cruise you know . :0)

We are ending at Gib . I put this post in wrong place . I thought if you bought at EU countries it was unlimited as long as it was for your own use . Last year I bought some in Monte Carlo duty free and some in Gib , but we were on an excursion and I don't know if I will be able to find the same shop again . The only problem with buying on the ship is that they deliver it to you on the last night. After your cases have gone . The only people we saw being stopped at customs when we got home were the ones with white boxes of drink etc that they had bought on the ship .I don't want to buy a masive amount , maybe 30 pks of baccy and 400 cigs . Got to last me a year till next cruise you know . :0)

we are just back from Gib,checked the RCCL ship & Safeway super prices

,But the cheapest is in Main St,

there are several shops ,all close by.

Safeway is now Morrisons. Allowance from Gibraltar is only 200 cigarettes. European regulations do not apply (Maybe more to USA?).

Some of the Main Street stores sell counterfeit cigarettes!

Aren't you stopping at an EU port?-Gibraltar doesn't qualify for that. The cheapest place we've found for baccy is Spain, where EU rules apply. I've recently read a review on a UK site where the man in front had all his baccy taken from him at Southampton because he hadn't known the rules.

Last year I got some in Monte carlo . At the duty free by the dock . Can someone tell me the rules then , so I know what I'm doing . I have 3 stops in spain , Malaga ,Cartagena and Barcelona ,Then Monte Carlo, Rome , Naples , Corsica , Gib . I bring enough back to last me as long as poss , till the next cruise next year .

Last year I got some in Monte carlo . At the duty free by the dock . Can someone tell me the rules then , so I know what I'm doing . I have 3 stops in spain , Malaga ,Cartagena and Barcelona ,Then Monte Carlo, Rome , Naples , Corsica , Gib . I bring enough back to last me as long as poss , till the next cruise next year .

Stick to Malaga or Bcn. The price for 50gm was e3 in Feb, and was slightly more in Italy, and e6 in Greece. I don't know if Monte is in the EU, but I doubt it. Ask for a tobacconist, if you can find an English speaker. Of course, they may have had a budget since then, but e3 is pretty good!

Archived