Hello---New Cruise Critic Member

CruzzyToozy

Hi everyone,

We are seasoned cruisers, but new members of this forum.

We live in Florida and have sailed HAL many many times but now we are booked for a 14 day cruise on the Westerdam in the fall of this year.

I have never been on the Westerdam and haven't cruised for a couple years due to family issues such as death and illness. We are finally ready to sail and I hate to wish the time away, but can't wait until November!

We are both retired and have no children and cruising is the ONE thing we save our money for so that we can get the cabin of our choice and get away for a week or two a few times a year to just be waited on and treated like royalty. We think we deserve it as I'm sure all of you do too.

We don't cruise for the ports anymore, unless there's something we want to get at one of them. We REALLY cruise for the ship.

If anyone has any tips or advice for the Westerdam...please lay them on me.

Thank you.

CruzzyToozy

Welcome to the Board. We also live in FL. and have been sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. We were on the Westerdam a few years ago on a Baltic cruise. My husband loves the Vista ships but my favorite is the Amsterdam. I love the decor and the coziness. Any questions, just post them and you will find lots of friends. Bon Voyage!:p

Welcome to Cruise Critic ... and welcome back to HAL! :)

The first tip I would offer you is to repeat your post on your Roll Call thread. Since you didn't mention a specific date, I can't give you an exact link, but start HERE (click) and search for your date.

We absolutely LOVED the Westerdam. So elegant, classy and yet comfortable.

I suggest you go to the HAL website, click where it says "onboard our ships", then scroll down to Westerdam...

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Westerdam

Look at each page. I even printed out each page and the deck plans before we went and studied them. I felt very prepared once we boarded the ship. The staterooms are wonderful, food is fabulous, lots of activities, shows were good.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived