difference between the rates ?

Ok I will try and keep this non-complicated however it probably won't be to most of you...you guys really know your stuff on here!

Anyway....my question is I pretty much understand "early saver" & "fun select"....but if you select "cash back" rate does Carnival choose your stateroom or do you get too?

Basically I am looking at a cruise and the "cash back" rate & the "fun select" rate are the same & the "fun saver" rate is $100 cheaper so really is there ever a time NOT to do the "cash back" rate?? Oh & BTW this particular cruise would qualify for the full $100 cash back.

Ok so I hope this wasn't too confusing:confused:

Fun select YOU choose the cabin, no free upgrades.

Fun saver Carnival chooses, and the reason you might want this over the other one is you have a decent chance at a upgrade, since as you say the bottom line price is the same. Choose this one only if you dont care where on the ship they put you.

I would like to know too. I would also like to know the benefit of the past cruisers rate - it is more than the Early Saver - what is the advantage?

Early Saver is almost always the best rate because of the additional restrictions.

Past Guest rate often includes free category upgrades, so it may be the same price as Fun Saver, but you would pay for the price of a 4A (for example), but get a 4C or 4D.

Archived