How do you pay for games in the arcade

kjjka145

Wish we could purchase cards to use in the arcade. I'd really rather be in control of children's spending. Can we set a charging limit on the card, or is it all or none?

When we went in April, we put a certain amount of arcade $$ on the seapass. It wouldn't let you spend more than what was on there designated for the arcade!!!! This may have changed or may be different depending on the ship, not sure.

Last week on Mariner, our kids used the arcade briefly. There are machines stationed in the arcade where you add money to their sea pass card especially for the arcade. You can use cash(bills only) or your sea pass card to add money to their cards and their balance shows when they use the card for a game. My DS (7) had $10 to spend for the week on arcade games--BTW, he did not have "buying rights" on his sea pass card for other areas of the ship. I thought this was a great idea.

Hope that helps,

Kim

Our kids always use the arcade, they put there sea pass in the machine and add dollar amounts either by cash or by charging it to your room. When you check in at the pier they will ask you if your kids should have access to charge on their card or not or you can set a dollar amount that restricts them to their charges. They can be adjusted during the cruise at the purseres desk.

We usually allow them 5 dollars a day, the games have become quite expencive lately. We were on Navigator two weeks ago and some games were 2.00 per play, a lot of them were 1.25. I think its outragous because they know that the kids like to play the games a lot during free time. If they go to their programs they get to play play station during certain times and also other computer games.

I encourage you to get them involved in the kids programs they have a great time and get to meet all kids of new friends from all over the world.

Hope this helps you

Brian J

Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences/advice. I think on Monarch I was able to give my son cash for the machines, but when we sail next June I thought it would be easier to put something ($5 or $10/day) on his seapass card for the week for games, sodas, whatever. I didn't know how to do that until I read this thread today, so thanks again!

He'll be 15 when we sail, so I will encourage him to check out the teen program as well as hitting the arcade.

Laurie

Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences/advice. I think on Monarch I was able to give my son cash for the machines, but when we sail next June I thought it would be easier to put something ($5 or $10/day) on his seapass card for the week for games, sodas, whatever. I didn't know how to do that until I read this thread today, so thanks again!

He'll be 15 when we sail, so I will encourage him to check out the teen program as well as hitting the arcade.

Laurie

The Monarch recently switched to the new charging system with the cards. While the machines do take bills, neither one was working so the only option was to charge the credits to my Sea Pass at $10 increments. Since I only wanted to play a single game of air hockey with my buddy, I passed. Most of the games were 75 cents and up for games that run a 25 cents in the local arcades.

Archived