SKAGWAY - Chilkoot Tours or Glacier Point Wilderness Safari?

poolwife

Having a hard time deciding between Glacier Point Wilderness Safari which really sounds fun and always wanting to drive to Emerald lake but then again the dialog from taking a tour with Chilkoot Tours also sounds good.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. We are sailing on August 28.

Having a hard time deciding between Glacier Point Wilderness Safari which really sounds fun and always wanting to drive to Emerald lake but then again the dialog from taking a tour with Chilkoot Tours also sounds good.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. We are sailing on August 28.

i was in the same delema on my may cruise. i wanted to go on the glacier wilderness tour really bad but decided since it was so early in may it might have been too cold or rainy. so i went with chilkoot for the 7 hr train/bus/lunch tour and had a wonderful time. i really enjoyed it and i got some awesome shots. when i go next june i want to take the glacier tour then. it is always so hard to decide which tours too take. that is why i go so many times. so i can do tours that i miss on the current cruise :D

We did the 7 hour train/bus on Chilikoot last June. The train ride was awsome tho the train itself was kinda Disneyesque. I dont remember the name of the final destination, where they served lunch, but it was ok on the Cheesy side. Emerald lake was amazing and the scenery was great. The driver was excellent making a hairraising U turn when a bear was spotted so we could get a better view and snapshots. He was very knowlegeable and personable. It was a good trip and a good value but all in all I think the WIlderness Safari might be a better choice. By the time we got to Skagway we had already seen amazing scenery, ridden on an amazing train (Anchorage to Whittier) and seen quite a lot of wildlife.

The Glacier Point Wilderness Safari is offered as a tour from our cruiseship, Radiance of the Seas, while we are in Skagway.

Are you saying that from Skagway they take you to Haines and that is where Davidson Glacier is that you canoe to?

The Glacier Point Wilderness Safari is offered as a tour from our cruiseship, Radiance of the Seas, while we are in Skagway.

Are you saying that from Skagway they take you to Haines and that is where Davidson Glacier is that you canoe to?

Hi,

We just did it from Radiance. Dropped off (catamaran) past Haines, short bus ride to staging area to get outfitted (mosquitoes, but they provided repellent), short easy walk to canoes and then to Davidson Glacier. Paddled part way. Motored part way. Use CC forum search to find pictures.Fun trip.

Archived