Drinking water

icecone

I have never gotten water at a bar on board but I have gotten water at the buffet... It's available all the time...

Additionally, the water in the cabins is excellent quality. It's reverse osmosis and is probably better quality than most bottled water...

:)

I have never gotten water at a bar on board but I have gotten water at the buffet... It's available all the time...

Additionally, the water in the cabins is excellent quality. It's reverse osmosis and is probably better quality than most bottled water...

:)

I ordered water from a bar on the Sky Deck, no problem. I was having a lazy moment and didn't feel like going down and across the ship to the buffet. :eek:

The water on the ship is delicious indeed.

Can I get water (not bottled) at the bars? Will they fill a water bottle that I bring with me? Is water available at the buffets? Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic..

Yes,you can get a glass of

ice water,at the bars...

I am a water drinker...

Not sure they would fill

a water bottle...

Yes water is available at the buffet...

Have a great Cruise...

Here are some interesting videos of the RO system in action aboard.

Clearly plumbing problems...which upset lines..and now you're getting the rust...

Notice the air spitting out of the tap,in the first clip?

That's plumbing that's recently been fiddled with

It'll clear up, if run long enough.

Secons clip looks a bit worse, since I saw no evidence of the stream clearing anytime soon.

I've never had water like that on any Carnival ship -not on any cruise ship!

Talk about lousy luck!

I drink ship's bathroom water from the tap..all the time!

-once it's clear that is. ;)

On Our cruise out of Florida...I thought the water was the worst I had ever had. :eek: I was sooooo glad we brought bottled water.

Good tasting water is not guaranteed on any ship. For years I never had problems with the RO water on the ship...it was awesome (and I am a bottled water drinker...because my water at home sucks) but I can tell you this...IF you happen to be on a ship where you have a lot of that 'sewage odor', then the water SMELLS exactly like that and tastes frickin awful. Our water was so bad on the Fantasy last fall that even having iced tea was a nightmare. I bought a lot of bottled water on that cruise.

Good tasting water is not guaranteed on any ship.

For years I never had problems with the RO water on the ship...it was awesome

(and I am a bottled water drinker...because my water at home sucks)

but I can tell you this...IF you happen to be on a ship where you have a lot of that 'sewage odor',

then the water SMELLS exactly like that and tastes frickin awful.

Our water was so bad on the Fantasy last fall that even having iced tea was a nightmare.

I bought a lot of bottled water on that cruise.

These stories and videos smack of aged plumbing on perhaps aged ships, no?

I have to agree with Halos. We were on the Fantasy in the fall of 2007 and I hated the water. It had such a chemical taste I couldn't get past it. I wasn't sure if it was because it's an older ship and perhaps the desalinization system was not as good as the newer ships. Is there anyplace on the ships that has drinking water that has NOT gone through the ship's system? Like the spa? Anybody know?

I thought the water on the Pride had a funny taste. I've never run into this problem before. I'm sure it was safe to drink but I was glad i'd brought a few bottles of water with me.

The Pride is having problems with its water. We never ran into this before.

Water was never a problem. It had a after taste., ever in the dining room.

Archived