which airline to chose for June cruise

amyfromjersey

Ok...all you airline guru's. I have a cruise in June. If you were me, which airline would you use? My concern is that the one I chose will go bankrupt. I am flying from Philly to Fort Lauderdale. Which airline do you think is least likely to go bankrupt (except Southwest)?

Thanks,

Amy,

Why not Southwest? They have two non-stop flights a day. They fly on time, at a fair price, and they are the least likely airline to go "belly up". I would avoid any airline which requires a plane change at a hub, unless you are flying in the day before. Airlines can fly for years under bankruptcy protection.

Enjoy!

Kel

I have two suggestions. Spirit Air from Atlantic City is usually very reasonably priced and they are very reliable. We've been flying Spirit for the last 15 years, and they are in no danger of going belly up. In fact, they just purchased a new fleet of brand new airplanes. I'm not sure where in Jersey you live, but I'm guessing south Jersey if you are thinking of flying out of Philly. An added plus is that parking at Atlantic City Airport is only $4.75/day. And the airport is not actually in the city of Atlantic City; it's in Pomona, about a 10 minute drive off Garden State Parkway Exit 48 (or you can get to it off the Atlantic City Expressway).

If you really want to fly out of Philly, I would suggest Air Tran.

All the legacy carriers change and cancel flights, and do everything else that the others do. Choose between the legacy airlines based on their current financial situation (IOW, stay away from US right now, and avoid UA and DL), and based on their schedule and fares.

• 2 weeks later...

Newark is about two hours from Pottsville. Atlantic City is about three hours from Pottsville. Baltimore is another choice, which sometimes has lower fares. It's two and half hours from Pottsville.

Archived