People that been to both Nachi-Cocom and Mr. Sanchos

Jimbo

I'm curious to know too. We are going on the Freedom Of the Seas on January 10,2010 and have seen beautiful pics of Nachi Cocum and know this is an all inclusive for $49 PP. I was wondering if it's worth it to go to there since they close at 5pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there from where the Freedom docks? Or can anyone else suggest an alternative.

Any help would be great would like to book online soon.

Thank you

Liz

I'm curious to know too. We are going on the Freedom Of the Seas on January 10,2010 and have seen beautiful pics of Nachi Cocum and know this is an all inclusive for $49 PP. I was wondering if it's worth it to go to there since they close at 5pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there from where the Freedom docks? Or can anyone else suggest an alternative.

Any help would be great would like to book online soon.

Thank you

Liz

We docked at the northernmost pier right in town (furthest from Nachi) and the cab ride was 20-25 minutes tops. (which would be the worst case scenario. The other two piers are MUCH closer)

My Wife and I absolutely LOVED our first trip to Nachi a couple of years ago.

It was perfect for what we were looking for.

A quiet, more couple oriented place for peace and quiet while having drinks constantly brought to you poolside or under a palapa on the beach.

If you want lots of water toys, plastic icebergs to climb on, etc... try Paradise Beach or one of the others.

Now I am just trying to firm up exactly how many in our group in January are going, so I can get the date booked for our group this time. (My Wife will literally kill me, if we cannot use Nachi Cocum again)

Bill

We docked at the northernmost pier right in town (furthest from Nachi) and the cab ride was 20-25 minutes tops. (which would be the worst case scenario. The other two piers are MUCH closer)

My Wife and I absolutely LOVED our first trip to Nachi a couple of years ago.

It was perfect for what we were looking for.

A quiet, more couple oriented place for peace and quiet while having drinks constantly brought to you poolside or under a palapa on the beach.

If you want lots of water toys, plastic icebergs to climb on, etc... try Paradise Beach or one of the others.

Now I am just trying to firm up exactly how many in our group in January are going, so I can get the date booked for our group this time. (My Wife will literally kill me, if we cannot use Nachi Cocum again)

Bill

Thank you so much for your reply.Now I'm debating RCCL's excursion to the Mayan Ruins. Decisions decisions:)

Have a great cruise

Liz

It depends on what type of day you want. I prefer Nachi - I thought the beach was absolutely beautiful. I loved all the palm trees. I thought the food was better than at Mr. Sanchos. I liked our palapa and lounge chairs at Nachi better than the plastic table and chairs and lounges at Mr. Sanchos. The pool area was also nicer at Nachi. At Nachi, I felt like I was being pampered at a very private resort. Our waiter took our food order down at the beach and he called us to our table when our food was ready. He had a taxi waiting for us when we left and walked us out.

We went during Spring Break, and still, there were only maybe 60 people there.

At Mr. Sanchos, I felt more like I was at a public beach. Our waiter did not take our order - we had to go and wait at the cafe and the service was not very fast. However...my daughters really enjoyed Mr. Sanchos because they got to go horseback riding there - something they had really been looking forward to. Both beaches offer snorkeling trips, massages, banana boat, etc. Mr. Sanchos has lockers and several gift shops, also.

Mr. Sanchos:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Nachi:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Been to both................My vote goes to Nachi........

Bigger pool...loungers under palapas so you can have shade if you want.......MS didnt have that(just chairs under palapas or loungers in the sun).........You can see that in the pics above

Just an all over better feeling at Nachi................MS has horseback riding......more shopping,etc.but I didnt want anything but laying out and having some serve me drinks.........hahah

I must say food at both were very good!!!!!!!

Archived