Trader Joes in Boston

tidenik

I believe you have to go to Cambridge or Brookline. Massachusetts has some unusual liquor laws - I think that chain stores can only have 3 stores that sell liquor, so most of the chain supermarkets don't sell liquor. The Brookline Traders is at Coolidge Corner, which is a 20-25 minute Green Line C train ride from Park St. I don't know how to get to the Cambridge store except by car - there is probably some sort of bus, but it's not close to the subway.

We cruised out of Boston the end of May and found a great place to buy wine before the cruise - Shaw's Market at 65 Huntington Ave by Copley Square in Boston.

The had many California, Washington, and European wines very reasonably priced. Since we got back to CA, we have priced many of the wines we bought there and the prices were equal or less than CA prices.

We cruised out of Boston the end of May and found a great place to buy wine before the cruise - Shaw's Market at 65 Huntington Ave by Copley Square in Boston.

The had many California, Washington, and European wines very reasonably priced. Since we got back to CA, we have priced many of the wines we bought there and the prices were equal or less than CA prices.

Shaw's is fine if you want to pick up wine pre-cruise. But honestly if you are looking to pick up wine pre-cruise, it would be worth the T-ride to Coolidge Corner for Trader Joe's. It's that much cheaper :)

If the OP is looking to just pick up cheap wine while in port, it won't be worth the time to go to either.

Archived