Nassau on July 4th?

SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE!!

Has anyone been to Nassau on the 4th of July? Taking RCCL's Monarch of the Seas and we will be in Nassau from Noon until 11:00pm, wondering if they do fireworks, and if so where is the best place to watch them?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Sherrie

Has anyone been to Nassau on the 4th of July? Taking RCCL's Monarch of the Seas and we will be in Nassau from Noon until 11:00pm, wondering if they do fireworks, and if so where is the best place to watch them?

Sherrie

I wouldn't think Nassau would celebrate U.S. holidays.

Bill

The Bahamas aren't a US territory, so I would doubt they would do fireworks. Anything is possible though. Fort Fincastle would be a great place to watch fireworks

Perhaps they would do fireworks on July 1 which is Canada Day

Sherrie

Yes I have been to Nassau on the 4th and they had Fireworks at Cable Beach and Atlantis. The folks saying that they don't, do not know what they are talking about. The Bahamas Independence Day is July 10 and they start celebrating it a week before.

See this http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/270039/independence_day_celebrations_in_the.html

Yes I have been to Nassau on the 4th and they had Fireworks at Cable Beach and Atlantis. The folks saying that they don't, do not know what they are talking about. The Bahamas Independence Day is July 10 and they start celebrating it a week before.

See this http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/270039/independence_day_celebrations_in_the.html

THANK YOU, I cant' wait, I'm sure we can see the fireworks from the city or boat right?

It wouldn't surprise me if they do:

1) Many Americans have homes there

2) Our governments are very closely tied together, even though they are not part of the US (our DEA is a large part of their police force, simply because have a vested interest in protecting the area and they do not have the resources to protect such a large area)

3) The Bahamas are heavily dependent on American tourism, so why not cater to them?

I've attended 4th of July parties in pubs in London. Not that the Londoners are celebrating, but because their customers found it fun and funny to be enjoying such a party in the UK. Brings more customers, and sales go up.

THANK YOU, I cant' wait, I'm sure we can see the fireworks from the city or boat right?

Yes, you will dock right across from Atlantis and not too far from Cable beach. BTW the Nassau fireworks were one of the best I have ever seen.

Your lucky, we went to Nassau (our first trip there) on "their" Independence Day and everything was closed! Shops, tours, straw market.......everything!!

Kind of sad, it was like a ghost town :)

Archived