Questions re: Eurodam with multi-generational/multi-cabin class group

wintim

Our ENTIRE family is going on a cruise in November. First HA cruise for myself and my husband, first cruise period for rest of family. I have a few questions that I hoped you guys could help me out with:

1. How formal is the main dining room (especially on formal nights)? Should I plan to take my son (who is 3) to the buffet that night?

2. Some of us are booked in connecting SA suites, but one family is in an SS suite. Is it okay/appropriate to have them dine with us in the SA for breakfast or is that unacceptable?

3. Also, along the same lines, how important is having a priority tender on the Eastern Caribbean route? Not sure which ports have tenders. We are going to Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay.

4. Final question: any thoughts about booking a lido cabana? We will have a group of small kids and thought that might help them enjoy some time out of the sun. Is it worth is?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Sounds like a fun vacation!

Children are expected to follow the same dress code as adults - even those who are 3 years old. You'll likely see a boy your son's age in a little tux - they're so cute in them. I understand not wanting to spend alot on something that'll only be worn 2 nights, so check out consignment shops or just bite the bullet & do a rental (if they rent the small ones).

You can have whoever you like inside your cabin or on your balcony, but you can't bring your SS relatives into the Neptune Lounge. I'm not sure if room service will have an issue with you ordering breakfast for 4 if there are only 2 in your cabin. But, the SS people are entitled to room service too - their is just being delivered to your cabin so I think it should be ok...it just might confuse them by how much "you two" are eating ;-)

Your only port with a tender is Half Moon Cay. Those of you in SAs can get off immediately and set up camp somewhere that the others can find you. Look at the map you'll get the night before & agree on a meeting location.

I would have zero interest in the lido cabanas, but I also have zero interest in traveling with children! I guess if you want a designated "your spot" it might be worth it, but I believe you're limited to a small # of people and you've got a big group. I'm not sure that kids want to get out of the sun - from my experience they'd rather be IN the pool than sitting under a cabana.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

2. Some of us are booked in connecting SA suites, but one family is in an SS suite. Is it okay/appropriate to have them dine with us in the SA for breakfast or is that unacceptable?

If you meant having your SS people join you for the suite breakfast in the Pinnacle or other designated venue ... I suspect that is not acceptable, as there is limited space for the suite guests.

I'm not sure if room service will have an issue with you ordering breakfast for 4 if there are only 2 in your cabin.
This shouldn't be a problem. At least seven of us once had room service dinner in a SC suite. NO HAL cabin holds that many, and room service didn't have any problem delivering meals for more than the occupancy of the suite.

We are cruising the same itinerary in November - and it's our whole family too. We did this two years ago and it was a smashing success!

You did not mention the ages ranges of your family (besides the 3 year old). We are a group of 8 and we rent a cabana on HMC. The kids just play in front of the cabana on what feels like a private beach. The cabana was fantastic for my mom (who is in her 70's). It was like a home base. We paid for 6 people in the cabana (you CAN'T pay for more) and we did not receive a hard time about actually having 8. In reality, the three kids just had their towels there. It was such a wonderful stop, that we planned our next cruise around the fact that we HAD to stop at HMC!

Enjoy!

Archived