Cabin Help? Deck 2 Serenade

We just booked a cruise on the Serenade for March 27, 2010. We're celebrating our 40th birthdays with another couple and can't wait! :)

It's a busy week (Easter week) and the cabin selection was limited. We went for an interior cabin....deck two, cabin 2007. When I look at the deck plans, I see that there are only about 25 cabins on that deck. Does anyone have experience with this deck?

We have been on Serenade about 4 years ago and I know we were a lower deck, but not that low. Maybe deck 4?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

~Kim from MN

We always book on Deck 2 on our cruises, as it is nearly always the least expensive of the cabins. However, we paid the $10 to upgrade to Deck 3 on Serenade for the reasons you mention. Most of that deck is crew quarters and I wondered if that might make it more noisy.

A couple we're traveling with is booked in a cabin on Deck 2, but since we're not traveling until 3/10, I don't have an answer for you.

I posted a similar thread before we booked and didn't get any really helpful responses. I'll monitor your thread, since I'm quite curious myself.

The passenger area is well separated from the crew area...you shouldn't have any "excess" noise there. That being said, you will be relying on elevators to go almost everywhere---that's the biggest negative I can see.

While I usually agree with practically everything cb says, you won't need elevators to go everywhere. You WILL need them to get to the pool deck and Windjammer, which is certainly the deck you will frequent the most. But dinner will be only a couple flights up, as well the Royal Promenade and the theatre. We nearly always sail on Deck 2. It's less expensive and normally pretty quiet down there.

Archived