Zip Lines

Redundant question here, but I haven't seen a reply on my previous post.

Has anyone been impressed with the zip lining in either Roatan or Belize?

Granted, the first time one does something new it may leave an impression and it may be great. BUT, I would like to hear from those that have more than one experience on zip lines and then I want to know if these places are something worth doing or just ho hum.

We zip lined in Playa last summer and we had fun, but I think they let the local high school kids build the course. On a scale of 1-10 it got a 2. There were only 3 lines, but we snorkled and road ATV's so it was a good time. I am looking for a memorable zip lining adventure.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Speaking from second hand experience... We met a couple on our last cruise that did the Belize Zipline tour (we met them on a St. Lucia zipline excursion that was downright awesome) ... and the really enjoyed the one in Belize.

The ziplline in Belize is 5-6 ziplines and most are fairly short but there is a couple long lines on it. I really enjoyed this one because the rain forest is beautiful and there ziplines seen really high of the ground. Other ziplines I have been on only have 2-3 runs. boooo!!!

Don't know if you ever cruise the Mexican Riviera, but if you want a zip-line, they are much better there. Puerta Vallarta has one that is AMAZING. We're talking 14 zips, one 1/4 mile long, and up as high as 500 feet. Nothing ho-hum about that! It's called Los Veranos Canopy Tour. This is the only zip line I have ever done, but all the others sound tame compared to this one.

My son did the South Shore canopy in Roatan. 14 or so platforms, over a mile long, absolutely had a blast, said it was awesome. Here's a picture of him coming down the last one (yes, it was raining), upside down!

1446639451_Glorycruise005.jpg.aaf2891a9641308339d6f529c42f6329.jpg

We just got back from a trip on the Carnival Legend, where we did the South Shore Canopy tour in Roatan. It was absolutely awesome! We went with the entire family - 11 total, ranging from 8 to 73. Everyone had a great time! We would all highly recommend it. :D

Here's another thumbs up for the South Shore zipline. Incredible views and one really long zip. They warn you to brake the whole way (ignore that) but in case you don't brake in time, there is a mattress attached to the back of that platform. :D

Archived