Ruins vs Cave Tubing

Clay Clayton

I thought I wanted to go cave tubing but then DP pointed out that it will be January and if folks were complaining about the chill in the water in Sept what would it be like now....and we both haven't ever seen any Mayan Ruins...so we are rethinking the tubing. What are everyone's thoughts on Lamania vs. Altun Ha?

Thanks for the advice!

Clay (and Mike)

We were in Belize last week and I honestly had a good time on our tour with Belize Native Tours. We were to go cave tubing but there was a clod front at the time so we didn't go again since the water would be cold. Instead my family and I chose and enjoyed our tour to Altun Ha or God of the Sun as it is called. We took a short drive to Altun Ha from the Tourist Village, it took about little over an hour. When we arrived at the site it was very nice we walked about and our guide enlightened us with some history of the Maya and the temple and what it was for. The kids especially loved it and couldn't stop running around. After site seeing and walking around a bit we went to another nice place close by to get some refreshments and to relax a bit before hitting the road again for the Tourist Village. I think it was called Maruba or something, it was a spa resort. Overall my whole family enjoyed a very interesting and educational tour that was affordable and fun. If you're gonna be in Belize anytime soon, try BelizeNativeTours, you'll enjoy it.

Archived