Just booked Monarch for October

Yeah! So I finally talked hubby into letting me book a cruise for our 3rd anniversary:). I am so very excited. We are going on the 4 night starting October 5th. We are booked in an outside room on deck 8.

Yeah! So I finally talked hubby into letting me book a cruise for our 3rd anniversary:). I am so very excited. We are going on the 4 night starting October 5th. We are booked in an outside room on deck 8.

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary and booking the Monarch. We just sailed on her in April and we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful and well maintained she is for a ship of her age. The Monarch will not offer the "WOW" factor that the newer and larger ships offer, but she is spectacular in her own right. Just remember that when that class of ship was introduced about 20 years ago, these ships were groundbreaking in their design concept. So enjoy your cruise and Happy Anniversary!

Karen

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes. We have considered how different the ships will be (Mariner vs. Monarch) and I think we are prepared. We looked at Freedom out of Port Canaveral, but just weren't able to spend that much at this time. We are not too picky and seem to have fun where ever we go, so I think we will do fine. Heck, I am just excited to be going on a cruise!!

One thing I will admit though is that we will certainly miss having a balcony room. That was our favorite from the Mariner cruise. I will have to keep an eye on those suite prices and see if there are any deals. Not sure what my husband might think of that though. Maybe it would just have to be a surprise;)

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes. We have considered how different the ships will be (Mariner vs. Monarch) and I think we are prepared. We looked at Freedom out of Port Canaveral, but just weren't able to spend that much at this time. We are not too picky and seem to have fun where ever we go, so I think we will do fine. Heck, I am just excited to be going on a cruise!!

We sailed the Monarch last summer and are sailing on the Mariner on Sunday! We loved the Monarch... she has a very friendly staff!:D Before her we sailed the Radiance. There was quite a difference in those 2 ships, but it didn't matter at all!

We have friends who sailed the Monarch dozens of times and are still sad she left CA. Enjoy her and Happy Anniversary!:)

Archived